Author Topic: Is it normal for ferals to leave the 'trapping' area?  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Is it normal for ferals to leave the 'trapping' area?
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 21:04:34 PM »
Managed to catch the remaining small kittden. Mum was hanging around while he was in the trap. Still the mum and an older kitten to catch.
Have been having problems with vet. Will start another thread for this.

Thanks lots for help. I'm new at this - and I'm so annoyed at vet this may be my first and last rescue mission!!!!!
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 23:09:35 PM »
Has anyone seen the kittens and mum around the area?  Sometimes they do go off elsewhere if they are disturbed, I've had this problem with a couple of the ones I'm doing at the moment and I'm still waiting for the babies to be spotted.  Good luck, I hope they turn up but try not to worry too much  :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 21:07:02 PM »
Go a day or 2 without the trap and just leave them food, they do learn what happens when the trap is about and can become trap shy.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Is it normal for ferals to leave the 'trapping' area?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 17:56:43 PM »
I'm still trying to catch the remainder of a group of ferals. Did really well on my first couple of days. But I haven't caught the mum (who may be pregnant again) nor one from her older litter, and one from her younger litter.

Do they somehow know what's going on and move from the area? How do I get round this, as I've no idea where they've gone. I'm concerned that the little 'un will freeze and that the older kit will become pregnant or start sowing seed.

I was hoping to catch mum soon enough to spay and abort, but looks like she's determined to have her kits!!!  :help:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Link to CatChat