Author Topic: Home needed for 2 ragdollsfor 4 weeks  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Betty911

• Kitten
Re: Home needed for 2 ragdollsfor 4 weeks
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 13:59:31 PM »
Hey, thanks so much for your repliesand sorry I have taken a whole day to thank you!  My boyfriend is coming with me for 2 weeks then will be away himself with workon and on for the other 2 so he is no use at all  ;)

They do go to a lovely cattery when we are on holiday I just feel bad sending them there for four weeks. They don't have a great deal of space at the cattery but then they are indoor cats who are generally quite lazy anyway so they probably don't mind much!  It's just me feeling guilty!

Here they are.....Lola is in the bath and Gizmo is asleep  :)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 16:32:08 PM »
IMO they would be a lot safer in a cattery for that amount of time, for someone to have them in their home could run the risk of escape (a good cattery should have facilities in place to stop this happening)
Settling in a new home with strange people wouldnt be much different to settling in a nice cattery. It would be worth a longer drive out of your area to get a nice one  ;D

Have you any pics of your kitties? :wish:

Oh, to rely on a catsitter for 4 weeks without having previously used them could be dodgy, some of them are lazy butter who dont change water fountains etc, ok for a weekend but not that long.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 13:41:11 PM »
have you thought about cat sitters?  will your b/f not be at home to look after them?
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Betty911

• Kitten
Home needed for 2 ragdollsfor 4 weeks
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 11:37:16 AM »
Hi all,

It's the first time I have posted on here so please tell me if I'm posting in the wrong place or anything like that!
I have 2 gorgeous ragdoll cats called Lola and Gizmo.  They live with me and my boyfriend in Durham.  At the moment I am training to be a teacher and in January I have to go to France for 4 weeks as part of my course.  For one reason and another I need to find my cats a temporary home whilst I am away.  I really don't want to put them in the cattery as they hate it and it would seem so unfair for such a long period of time.  Are there people who would take cats in for 4 weeks?? And if so how would I go about finding them??

Really hope someone can help

Thanks in advance  :)

Liz x

Link to CatChat