Author Topic: Question to rescues about homing Mums and kittens  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Question to rescues about homing Mums and kittens
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 21:08:09 PM »
Tricky one, as not a lot of people seem to ask us for the mum as well as a kitten, and if you get an odd number of kittens in a litter, it could be tricky. I would prefer to home in pairs, but realistically I have 3 kittens, and the mum is at least 5, so the chances of it happening are slim. I have only had one person interested, and it sounds like she only wants the one (but still arranged for her to come and see them, in case she changes her mind!!).
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 15:50:25 PM »
Do you rehome mum with at least one kitten

When people are out at work all day we would only home kittens in pairs and ask that someone comes home at lunchtime to feed them.

Sometimes by the time the kittens are 8 /9 weeks old the mum cat has had enought, so it just depends if we home mum and a kitten together, also  of course if we are lucky enough to find someone who wants them, although only yesterday we did home a mum and kitten. If we have a mum and one kitten left we would not home mum and leave one kitten by its self in a pen as that would not be fair.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 21:02:40 PM »
Doesnt always work when the kitten gets a bit older. Naturally they would all sod off and leave mum alone  :evillaugh:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 20:20:48 PM »
Well, since I've been involved with Canterbury CP, we've rehomed 3 sets of Mum plus the last kitten. I guess we would let single kittens go if the circumstances were right. But all the kittens up to now have gone in pairs.  :sneaky:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Question to rescues about homing Mums and kittens
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 19:21:57 PM »
Can i ask all those in rescue how you rehome Mums with kittens ?
Do you try to rehome the kittens in pairs and Do you rehome mum with at least one kitten ?

What are your view on it ?

Link to CatChat