Author Topic: NEUTERING  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: NEUTERING
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 08:14:18 AM »
what a great vet you have. It is so nice to know not all of them are motivated by mammon

They are a very good vets, it is the 2nd time this year Eric has asked about a neutering campaign, he also did us one in February.

Perhaps one of the resons he won Pet Plan 'Vet of the Year'. He is so kind once last year he was going to delay his holiday so he could treat Pudding a cat who was found in a flat with his dead owner. Puddings story can be found on my site.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: NEUTERING
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 21:57:34 PM »
what a great vet you have. It is so nice to know not all of them are motivated by mammon

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
NEUTERING
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 09:31:38 AM »
Our Vets bless um rang me yesterday and asked if I would like to run another low cost neutering campaign later this year.
The owner pays £5 (although in reality I often pay that as well) and Cats Protection give a £20 voucher for the neuter &  £26 for a spay. So the vet does not make so much at these times and often has to set on another vet  for the extra workload. I have not got time to set adverts up in the paper for a month now as I am away from 25 Sept until 15 Oct, also the extra work involved , paperwok, phone calls would just be too much while I am away as what I already do has to be covered. So I have asked the paper to start advertising for 5 weeks when I come back. Usually at these times at least 100 cats are 'done', Mind you I  only have about  couple of thousand  left in my neutering budget. I have almost used my years worth  in 6 months. I can I suppose apply to  HQ for more as indeed I have for 20 ferals that are being 'done' just now But  we may have to pay out of branch funds, but worth every penny in my opinion.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Link to CatChat