Author Topic: WHAT A DAY  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: WHAT A DAY
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 22:36:37 PM »
I've heard two cases this week of ferals breeding out of control and the farmers don't want them touched.

You are lucky you have heard of only 2 such situations this week.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 22:13:45 PM »
At least they ask for help... I've heard two cases this week of ferals breeding out of control and the farmers don't want them touched.  :(

I'm going to set up a feeding station up the road where the farmer can't see me.  I'll get them eventually! :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 20:18:01 PM »
I'm gobsmacked - 60 cats from one place - what were they hoping father christmas would descend from on high and sort their problem out???

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 14:28:54 PM »
Take heart Ela...

I was speaking to a couple who help man our local CP helpline on Friday, and apparently the Branch Co-ordinator had kitties herself, when asked to take in 60 (yes, sixty!) tabby, long-haired kittens, from one farm alone!

:Crazy:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
WHAT A DAY
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 14:08:23 PM »
If other rescues who post on here are having the same type of day as me, I feel for them, Once again the phone is constantly ringing for cats that need to come in. Again some of them have known for many weeks that  the cats needed re-homing and yet say they have been trying to find a home themselves. Why don't they put the cats on rescues lists and then at least the cats are gradually going up the list instead of being at the bottom of at least 200 cats in some cases. A couple have said to me today oh! well I will take them to the RSPCA then. I don't think they believe me when I say they too have waiting lists and if they just turn up with the cats they will be turned way. I am  hoping I have persuaded one couple to take their cats with them when they move to Scotland next week and another couple who are going to Canada tomorrow and whose mum (the cats owner) has gone into a nursing home to place them in a cattery until we can take them in.

Now a lady has just rang to say she has found a kitten in a field. These 3 calls were just in the last 39 mins, I had loads of others before that today and I expect loads more to come.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Link to CatChat