Author Topic: Amy  (Read 2855 times)

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Re: Amy
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 16:47:21 PM »
Home check went really well and Amy will be going to live with her new family when they get back from there hoilday on the 25th of june.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 08:21:13 AM »
Fingers crossed for her, she is lovely.
Please spay your cat

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 16:54:35 PM »
oh that is good news! Hope the home check goes well and she is settled in her forever home soon! :)
A home without a cat is just a house!

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 16:51:37 PM »
Thats fantastic news for the beautiful little one that has already gone through far too much.........I hope the homecheck works out and they love and cherish her forever and always which is what she deserves

well done to you  :hug:

xx

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 16:30:34 PM »
Hi I just thought you would all like to know that we think we have found Amy the perfect home we are just waiting on a home check so fingers crossed for this little girl to have a happy ending.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 12:50:42 PM »
When we are ready to get out oldie in a year or so I would def look into becoming a slave to a gorgeous raggie, I love them so much  ;D (bf permitting! he says he wants an oldie so I think I should get to choose where from! lol)

I hope you have some good luck for Amy, she is so stunning I think she will have a slave in no time  ;)
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 10:28:25 AM »
No I don't mind you adding a pic I couldn't work out how to do it :-[ so I gald someone else did it for me.We rescue and rehome ragdolls and other long haired cats all over the uk.Well we will rehome any cat that needs it really but most are ragdolls. We don't really have a base as such but a few foster homes over the uk.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 09:59:10 AM »
she is really beautiful.

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 09:01:10 AM »
she is beautiful  :Luv:

where abouts is the ragdoll rescue situated kelly-joy?

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 08:38:09 AM »
Okay had to start again as it wont let me edit my prev message and repost!

Hope you dont mind me adding a pic of gorge Amy,  I couldnt help myself but look  ;D ;D ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 08:31:11 AM »
Oh no! I dont know whether to look or not cause I loooooove ragdoll kitties and I dont want to get tempted or bf will kill me.

Best of luck for Amy :) fingers crossed for her.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 22:33:03 PM »
What a beautiful girl!  I wish I could take her and TLC her confidence back. She is so gorgeous, how could anyone even think about hurting her.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Fluffy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 17:51:04 PM »
Amy is truly beautiful--I've seen her photo up on the Ragdoll rehoming page.  I'd have her in a second if I thought she'd be happy here, but with two dogs (OK, they're elderly) and two boys (who can be loud) I suspect she'd find it all too stressful.  However, she's so truly gorgeous that she'll be snapped up now, I'm sure.  Fingers crossed for the lovely little thing.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Amy
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:54:42 PM »
Amy has been in fostercare with us since February, when we took guardianship of her from an animal rescue in Sunderland.
Amy is three years old. She is now fully vaccinated and is neutered.

When she came into fostercare, she had already been in three homes and was a very poorly Raggie. She was very under weight, had a very poor appetite and was a frighthened, unhappy cat. We were told she had been neutered and she had undergone surgery just three weeks before we had her, we are told, to remove an ulcer from her neuter site. Within a week of being with us Amy was exhibiting very obvious signs of calling and so our vet took blood to test her hormone levels. The results of this showed she ahd raised oestrogen and so she had to have investigative surgery. During the op, our vet found an entire ovary and this was removed. He also found some old internal damage, caused by some kind of trauma, possibly an RTA, possibly a kick. Her bowel was split and adhered to her stomach and one of her kidneys was damaged. She underwent an opertaion which lasted nearly an hour and our vet feared she would not survive. Amy was very weak and had a 6" long scar down her tummy. She is a fighter though and she fought hard for many days and I am pleased to say went on to make a brilliant recovery.

Amy is now a healthy, happy Ragdoll. She is gaining weight and she has an appetite! She is no longer depressed, but playful and loving. She is a very quiet Ragdoll, who does have a tendancy to hide in her igloo bed, if she feels worried or stressed, but she is growing in confidence and with the right family, she will become a wonderful Ragdoll companion. She is gentle and loves to be groomed and fussed. She has bonded closely with us as a family and so we know that in the righ home environment she make a wonderful Raggie companion

Whoever gives Amy a home will need to be aware that although her damaged kidney is functioning normally at the moment, we have been advised by our vet, that in the future it may fail. Her other kidney is normal and working just fine. She is not unwell nor is she on any medication or special diet, but her owners need to be willing to cope with this in the future, should Amy's kidney fail. They also need to be aware should Amy exhibit any signs of kidney problems and have her vet checked ASAP.

Amy needs a very specific home. We are looking for a quiet home, with no children under 10 years or chance of any and no dogs. She will need company for part of the day, so if you work full time hours and your home is empty all day, then you will not be a suitable family for this little cat. She really does need human companionship, the more the better. She needs someone who can dedicate lots of time to her and will be very patient. With love, time and commitment, she will learn to trust her new family and will be the Ragdoll that we know she can be, but it is likely in the early days of adoption she will be shy and will tend to only leave her bed when no one is around.

Amy is a very special Ragdoll and she has had a sad life up until now, so we are looking for a very special family for her, where she will be accepted for the cat she is and given a life long home. She has been moved too many times in her short life and she deserves a forever home, where she will be loved and spoilt.

If you feel you can give Amy the purrfect home we are looking for please email me.

Thank you,

Helen
kelly-joy www.ukrcc.co.uk

Link to CatChat