Author Topic: Feel free to x-post. 40 cats homes needed urgently.  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Feel free to x-post. 40 cats homes needed urgently.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 22:55:48 PM »
No, Sam, I haven't... I don't think I've got an account there, actually.  :evillaugh:

We did see this on internal CP mail a couple of weeks ago, but I just saw yesterday they are still struggling to get these cats in.  :(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Feel free to x-post. 40 cats homes needed urgently.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 22:14:52 PM »
Oh how sad that the chap has passed away (RIP).

Just bumping up your thread Pinkbear.  Have you posted on CC?
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Feel free to x-post. 40 cats homes needed urgently.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 23:34:11 PM »
"Many may remember the story earlier this year regarding the elderly gentleman with over 60 cats who called in St Neots & District Cats Protection to assist him as he was no longer able to cope. Whilst the work has been ongoing and over 20 of the cats have been re-located or re-homed, the situation has taken a dramatic turn with the unexpected death of the owner. The branch has now been given only two months to remove the remaining 40 cats from the property before the estate is settled and the buildings demolished.

Dawn Cooke for St Neots & District Cats Protection commented - "Our branch works tirelessly to re-home approximately 120 cats per year. To be given a deadline of only 2 months to find owners for nearly of third of our annual figure leaves us in an almost impossible position particularly in the holiday season.

"Unless homes are found for these animals, the property owners may have no choice but to have to cats put to sleep. Our pens are full with cats already on a waiting list to come in. We desparately need homes for adult cats and in some cases homes for more than one cat. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are able to offer a safe and loving home for any of these cats. There are many garden/farm/working cats at the property which will need re-locating, so if you have large grounds, a small holding, farm, nursery or factory where we can place these animals, we will provide an outdoor shelter and regular food - subject to availability of donated supplies. These animals provide a beautiful and natural pest control service so if you can help please contact us urgently.

The numbers to call are - 01480 476696, 07900 257061 or 07966 282005. Please leave a message if there is no reply - we will call you back.

Link to CatChat