Author Topic: and so the kitten mop up begins...  (Read 1497 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: and so the kitten mop up begins...
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 11:17:06 AM »
good luck for today.  fingers crossed all goes ok.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 08:28:51 AM »
Fingers crossed for today Angie.
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 22:34:28 PM »
Sounds exactly the same as my lot from Folkestone. Little Sandwich is a quarter the size of the biggest of the litter. So much smaller, I keep thinking perhaps there are really 2 litters here... but then the facial markings on the biggest and the second smallest, Dover, are identical.  :shify:

But you are right, it's never too long before one comes along you just know is going to rip your heart out when they leave you - god willing off to a new home with a loving new family rather than the upspeakable. And then we do it all over again, don't we?   :tired: :evillaugh:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
and so the kitten mop up begins...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 17:17:34 PM »
Just picked up two kittens. Supposed to be 9 week old sisters whose mum died RTA when they were two weeks old.
The tabby girl looks about right but the little tortie looks like a malnourished 5 to 6 week old so I'm not sure of the facts......

Vet aapointment booked for tomorrow morning to get them checked over. Have not been treated for fleas and worms in that time and both have fat bellies.
Must say the tortie is an absolute darling and purrs whenever you get close but she's all bones under the fluff and even though she seems bright enough she's just too thin - she's certainly friendly enough to have been bottle fed. I'm glad Judith has her as if I had her here I don't think I would be rehoming her....
Its odd how some cats just get to you.... I shall be relieved when the vets see her, poor mite. If she is 9 weeks then I fear something may not be quite right with her as she is half the size of her sister.

So is this the beginning of the kitten mop up in the middle of the kittening season?  :'(

Link to CatChat