Author Topic: PHONE CALL JUST RECEIVED  (Read 1431 times)

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
Re: PHONE CALL JUST RECEIVED
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 19:54:00 PM »
 these wooden Heads make me sick why did the Daughter have it in the first place,they could have least waited till a new home was found for the poor little mite >:( >:( >:(

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 08:04:28 AM »
I suppose when you get calls like that it makes no difference trying to reason cos you know they don't want the cat

You are quite right, whatever you suggest to some people they always have an answer. It is a bit like that when some people ask for advice, you give it and then they start to argue with you. I often feel like saying you have asked my advice, I have given it and now it is not what you want to hear, of course I can't do that so have to keep my diplomatic head on.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 07:44:44 AM »
I suppose when you get calls like that it makes no difference trying to reason cos you know they don't want the cat  :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 18:42:33 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( some people!
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
PHONE CALL JUST RECEIVED
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 15:43:16 PM »
There is a stray cat at my door, will you take it in, I said we have to make sure it really is a stray before we can; somehow alarm bells were already ringing. After a few more questions the caller admitted that the cat belonged to her daughter and it had been given to her as a present by an ex boyfriend, They had split up and the daughter had gone home. The mother could not possibly have it in the house as she had birds. I asked until we had room could the cat be in the daughters bedroom, she said but we have birds in every room, I said even in your daughters bedroom, she said no, so again I asked if the cat could go in her room, Oh! no she says there is no glass in her door. Eventually I said if she sent me a pic and details I would put the cat on my site for her but I left her in no doubt that her daughter had a responsibility act and since the new welfare bill she could be in serious trouble if she neglected it.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Link to CatChat