Author Topic: SO PLEASED I HAVE A GALLERY ON OUR SITE  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: SO PLEASED I HAVE A GALLERY ON OUR SITE
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 11:18:35 AM »
Me too, I wish people would see that they dont stay kittens for long. You can occasionally convince people to consider adults when they enquire about kittens though, so I always try - I homed a 13yo tabby last year to someone who rang up wanting a pair of kittens, it was her colour that did it for them.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 11:15:59 AM »
Sadly, the bulk of the enquiries we are getting at the moment are for kittens, and they wont consider anything else.

that really irks me. When we took on Little Miss Freecycle (Noni - Teresa dubbed her with her title!) my cousin mentioned she knew someone looking for a kitten. Noni is only around 18 months - so hardly an old codger past her peak. My cousin called her firend who was adamant that her and her partner wanted a cat "no older than 12 months." My cousin asked if she should try and persuade them to reconsider and I said told her that if they didn't appreciate Noni for what she was they didn't deserve her!

Ela, I'm really glad the rehoming is going well. I would imagine since the internet started it's been a valuable asset to rescues.

*I've just looked on your site; I can't believe Nero is still there. He's a lovely looking lad.*
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:18:18 AM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »
Am glad you are homing well Ela, I do think the internet is such a big help in homing cats - one of the first I put on CC was homed quickly, I put her on the Sun, got an e-mail the Mon, and they came to look at her on the Tues. Sadly, the bulk of the enquiries we are getting at the moment are for kittens, and they wont consider anything else.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
SO PLEASED I HAVE A GALLERY ON OUR SITE
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 09:20:51 AM »
Once again a cat has been chosen after being on our site a very short time (his pic is still there as he is to see the vet again this week then his fosterer is away). He (Lenny) has a grade 3-4 heart mummer so is special (aren’t they all).

The quickest a cat was chosen was when a cats pic was placed on the site at about 9 pm  and at 9 o’clock next morning I received a phone call showing interest and so many FIV cats have been homed as a result of the Gallery.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Link to CatChat