Author Topic: Any advice (or offer of a home??!!!) Leeds!  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Any advice (or offer of a home??!!!) Leeds!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 13:59:12 PM »
Sending positive re-homing vibes for the gorgeous Benson~~~~~~~~ :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 13:07:05 PM »
its never impossible... there is always a way if you try hard enough to find one.

Poor wee Benson and he looks adorable too.  Really hope you can find a placement for the wee fella as he deserves a chance at happiness and I'm sure once he is away from the stressfull situation he's in his messing will sort itself out.  We have just had a 10yr old with the same problem come in and since being on her own has flourished.

good luck.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:26:59 AM »
He is GORGEOUS! Good luck finding Benson a wonderful new home.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 10:28:08 AM »
Done! Hope that's ok!   ;)
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Any advice (or offer of a home??!!!)
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 20:44:45 PM »
We need areas on these posts please and lots of details of cat. like colour, long/short haired etc.  ;D

Please put area in title............go to your first post, press modify and change title  ;D

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Any advice (or offer of a home??!!!) Leeds!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 10:28:18 AM »
I have just been contacted by a lady who had my number, as I had dealt with her cat when it went missing.
Fortunately Benson turned up and I thought that was the last of it. He has started stress urination really badly and appears to have possible ringworm. Now both of these problems are quite easily sorted but she has very little money and wants him re-homed. We are full to the brim at the moment and don't know when a space might become avaliable.

I need to find a quiet home without other cats and no children where I think he will flourish. He is only around a year old and is neutered. I've e-mailed her a list of rescues in the area so fingers crossed, but if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know!

Benson is S/H grey and white and just over a year. He is not up to date with vaccinations and he's not chipped, but he has been regularly de-flead and de-wormed. He is a very nervous cat when they put him outside and I feel he really wants to be an indoor cat but they have no cat flap and so he has to be outside as they are nervous that he will soil everywhere if left alone. I have asked that they keep him in if it distresses him and to dedicate a room with his own litter tray, own food and toys etc. There is another cat in the house, but it sounds as if the problems started before the other cat arrived and they get on well. He started life out as a stray when he was very little and I think many of his problems may stem from his rubbish start in life.

She has tried Feliway and is currently getting a second opinion on the ringworm as the culture came back negative, but she's not convinced.

I think we need to find a quiet indoor home for him with someone who is around quite a bit of the day as appartently he does enjoy fusses and cuddles when he feel secure.

Any suggestions are greatfully received! I guess I feel close to this "case" as my own cat was a soiling cat before I re-homed her and she has never done it in my house. Apparently the RSCPA had told her that he was impossible to re-home and they would never be able to find  home for him and she should put adverts on the net (we all know which sites i'm talking about!) !!!!!!!!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 10:25:43 AM by adelcatsprotection »
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat