Author Topic: CP Brighton- website  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: CP Brighton- website
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 23:25:05 PM »
I think you will find all Cps want to do a home check and if you are out of your area that maybe a problem. However you may find you have a Cp nearer to you if Brighton is a long way and they may do the home check for the other branch.

I got my cats from Cp that was about 25 miles away and they came to do home check and as I didnt drive then also took me to visit the cats and brought me back and then took me to get them too, I was very lucky but thats how I got Sasa and Misa  ;D

It would be a good idea to get in touch with them and see how it would work.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 23:26:08 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
Re: CP Brighton- website
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 23:17:34 PM »
I've replied to your post in the section above, telling you that we even got as far as looking into the cost of FLYING to Scotland (we're in Brighton) to look at a cat. Common sense prevailed (more to do with subjecting a cat to the return flight) and so luckily, we waited and now have found our ideal cats at a rescue just over an hours drive up the coast. It's still a 70 mile round trip - it'll be 140 miles in total as I saw them this weekend and am going back next weekend, hopefully to pick them up.

I don't know of any rescue centre that has allowed you to take the cat there and then - unless you have already been homechecked with them before choosing your cat. Seems a bit strange to me - all of the places that we've been to make sure that you are fully checked out before allowing a cat to go. But I may be wrong - others on here could probably tell you as they are a lot more experienced in working in the field. I went to an RSPCA shelter yesterday armed with the homecheck from my local RSPCA shelter and details from my vet but they still have to call them and look into it which means that I will go back next weekend to pick the boys up. Maybe some shelters are extra cautious as I suppose the last thing they want is the cat to turn up to be rehomed somewhere else as it wasn't a good match for the home it went to. . . . .

BTW - I have IM'd you . . ..

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
CP Brighton- website
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 22:26:34 PM »
Juts went on the CP Brighton website and I saw so many potential adoptable cat of all ages.  Some sound like they could be the one last one to fit in with my little family here but I am still wondering whether that would be too far to go.  Has anyone ever gone that far afield to get their lovely potential new cat?  And how would it all work?  The rescue I have been to so far asks you to take the cat on the same day.  I suspect that it would be different elsewhere.  I might also get my vet to vouch for me,etc.  This is getting more exciting and interesting the more I explore this site... choices and decisions... want to do the right thing for all concerned.

Link to CatChat