Author Topic: Legacy left  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Legacy left
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 16:33:57 PM »
I am so pleased for you.

We have been left a number of legacies and in these cases we always ask the family f they would like a plaque on one of our pens.

and nice that it wasn't left to CP Headoffice

While I appreciate what you say and know groups need the money, we have to remember that our HQ also need money. They have a large rescue centre at HQ, also they spend millions a year on providing vouchers for neutering/spaying and information leaflets etc for members of the public. They also provide equipment when a branch first starts up and helps groups in financial crises.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 16:22:33 PM »
Yes I was thinking a plaque would be nice - i'll suggest it to Liz and see what she says!

This is what I want - monies left to kitties with a plaque saying - in memory for my love of cats -  ;D

Wonderful news - I am thrilled for you - sad for the relatives but this person has made many happy. Bless them - I'm sure he /she will be playing with our bridge babies till we go to collect them.

things to buy:
Beds
blankets
how about a new building - maternity wing, so all the kitties in there are in the same boat so to speak.
scratch posts

ooo so much - let me go shopping  ;D

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 14:04:07 PM »
Yes I was thinking a plaque would be nice - i'll suggest it to Liz and see what she says!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 13:45:20 PM »
Perhaps a set of pens in a new fosterers garden with a plaque honouring the legacy would be nice - we did this in my last branch and the family of the legacy now support the pen and visit when they can

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 12:49:42 PM »
what great news, and nice that it wasn't left to CP Headoffice

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 12:49:06 PM »
Absolutely wonderful news. A sad loss for a family, but a wonderful way to be remembered. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Legacy left
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 12:44:04 PM »
We've just found out today that we've been left a very generous legacy  ;D

It's amazing how you can touch someone's lives so much that they feel they can leave such a large amount and it certainly helps in creating some much needed funds for neutering, and trapping ferals.

I was just wondering whether your rescue has something that you just can't live without. Most of the money will be saved for major crisis', but of course some will go immediately on more beds, collapsable pens, feral huts etc etc, but it'd be great to know if we're missing out on something that has helped people either re-home or rescue cats.... any ideas welcome!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat