Author Topic: Whinger - urgent home required  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Spangle

• Kitten
Re: Whinger - urgent home required
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 20:11:37 PM »
Thanks Julie.  Sharon phoned today.  We have been offered a space at Bredhurst but don't think he would be happy there.  May explore the Foal Farm option if nothing more suitable comes up.  Our vets say in a confined pen he was friendly but timid but to date this hasn't translated through to a domestic situation  :(  .  Done another farm recently, not quite as exotic kittens.  No cat flu with this lot, just emaciated, ear mites and dodgy guts, oh joy!

Kate

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Whinger - urgent home required
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 22:58:32 PM »
Hi, Kate!  :welcome:

I am still banging on to friends about the Siamese looking farm cats you dealt with last year. We nearly came to blows about who or what was responsible for the colour point markings.  ;)

We dealt with a very similar case to Whinger a few months ago. Poor Conker eventually fell victim to full blown FIV and couldn't be helped anymore.  :'( It's a very difficult situation trying to rehome a feral FIV. I take it you've tried Bredhurst? What about Foal Farm? They've been very helpful to us.

I dare say our Sharon will swing past and offer some suggestions too.

Good luck

Julie (Canterbury CP)

Offline Spangle

• Kitten
Whinger - urgent home required
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 22:33:53 PM »
Large, recently neutered 8 yr old black male cat, FIV+ needs urgent safe home with access to outdoors.  Yes, I know this is not standard for FIV+ cats but he has lived most of his life outdoors being fed by neighbours and is very, very, very unhappy as an indoor cat.  We have tried a couple of indoor only situations which have just not worked out and so we do not think it would be fair to put him in an FIV Unit in a sanctuary which is the other alternaitve at the moment.  So we are looking for a rural home where he will have minimal contact with other cats, alternatively a shelter where he can learn to regain his trust of humans in a confined 1-2-1 situation (our pens are not just full, we have exhausted everyone's spare bedroom/bathroom/garden shed and have now run out of friends...!!!) and then onward homing to a suitable indoor environment.

Any suggestions gratefully received.  We normally home in W Kent/E Sussex, TN1-11, TN13, 14 & 16, and TN19-22, and, as we normally cover vets fees for FIV+ cats, would prefer to rehome in our area so that Whinger can visit one of our vets.

:thanks:
Kate
Homing & Welfare Officer
Uckfield & Crowborough District Cats Protection

PS Whinger was the name he came in with - Totally Terrified seems more apt!!

Link to CatChat