Author Topic: Call received today by Canterbury CP  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Call received today by Canterbury CP
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 08:57:16 AM »
I have to admit that on the Island you only have to burp  (I was going to type something else but thought better of it) and you could find it on the front page of the paper. However, I try never to say anything that would make someone put the phone down on me. I appreciate all rescues are full to bursting but I personally do not think it a valid comment to say isn't fair to subject the cat to such a long journey (140 miles!). My goodness we have taken them from much further than that and all have been fine. I personallywould  have explained that we like the local rescues are full and ask her to place the cat on as many rescues as possible as after the New Year  homing is usually at a peak and the chances of bringing the little one in soon after then will be greater. I would have also advised about the uses of Petal Cleanse to help alleviate the situation until a rescue could bring the cat in.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Call received today by Canterbury CP
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 19:48:25 PM »
class act that one!! >:(

Maybe she wanted it as far as possible from her so the neighbours would not realise what a cow she is getting rid of the cat! you know what island living is like - small communities talk. Suspect though that neighbours already know ... :P

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Call received today by Canterbury CP
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 19:44:42 PM »
A woman called our branch today from the Isle of Wight. She said someone in their house is allergic to cats. Her daughter will be travelling to Canterbury tomorrow as she is a student there. She said she wants us to take the cat in as an emergency. Sally who is doing the phones today called her back and said it isn't fair to subject the cat to such a long journey (140 miles!) . Also all the rescues in this area are full and suggested that she tried phoning local rescues -the woman hung up on her  :-:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat