Author Topic: Discipline  (Read 4170 times)

Offline SophiasMum

• Adult Cat
Re: Discipline
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 18:32:10 PM »
Barry was on the work top, before Barry knew what was going on he was off the worktop!! (if you know what I mean), now if he is on it and I come in he gets off pronto, and no word of a lie he understands when he is being naughty. Generally he gets his as! slapped or even worse, the plastic bag comes out and boy have you seen a cat move so quick!

uhuh they love plastic bags :naughty:
'As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat'

"A cat will be your friend, but never your slave."

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 18:02:32 PM »
Barry was on the work top, before Barry knew what was going on he was off the worktop!! (if you know what I mean), now if he is on it and I come in he gets off pronto, and no word of a lie he understands when he is being naughty. Generally he gets his as! slapped or even worse, the plastic bag comes out and boy have you seen a cat move so quick!

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 17:59:33 PM »
Xanthe has real attitude - if you tell her off she wil spit back sometimes. She has no fear! We move her if necessary, but apart from excessive stalking of anything moving and trying to steal food as we eat it she is pretty good.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 12:55:39 PM »
Blip is pretty well-behaved, by and large.  She knows - and sometimes even responds to - 'NO' and she always saunters off back down the hall when I say 'IN' (she's not allowed out the front door), albeit in a very leisurely fashion.

Off on a slight detour now, but other words she knows include 'food', 'tuna', 'door' and my OH's nickname (but that's not for public consumption  :evillaugh:).
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 12:31:55 PM »
If I try to tell Mosi off (a futile exercise at the best of times) he just puts on an ultra cute face and I can see him thinking "I give her 10 seconds before she comes and gives me a cuddle"  ;D

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 12:12:57 PM »
Max is going through a very naughty phase at the moment, but when I tell him off he just looks at me, as if to say 'yeah, what are you gonna do about it'!  When John tells him off though, he will do exactly as he's told.

I think its a tone of voice thing as he responds much more quickly to John's voice than mine.  I think he also reckons I'm a soft touch though and thinks he can get away with anything  :evillaugh:

Its exactly the same here whenever i tell the kittens not to do something they just turn round look at me then carry on, When terry tells them not to they stop straight away  :rofl:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 12:08:42 PM »
Lol, glad its not just me then  :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 11:31:47 AM »
Max is going through a very naughty phase at the moment, but when I tell him off he just looks at me, as if to say 'yeah, what are you gonna do about it'!  When John tells him off though, he will do exactly as he's told.

I think its a tone of voice thing as he responds much more quickly to John's voice than mine.  I think he also reckons I'm a soft touch though and thinks he can get away with anything  :evillaugh:

Funny, same with Oliver,.. while he just sneers at my futile attempt at showing him my authority, he bolts immediately and hide in a safe place when Cristiano, my partner comes his way while he is doing something with dirty conscience.  I guess we are too softie of a meowmy when it comes to our boys!! :Luv2:

He also loves to lay on the pile of clean laundry on the bed or the sofa if he sees it, I used to often leave them there for entire day before I decide to put it away, now I have to get on with it immediately before he finds it!! :Crazy:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 10:16:11 AM »
LOL,

Alfie often pulls my shirts from the clothes drier and one morning appeared in the bedroom as I was changing into my work clothes dragging a shirt by its collar and so I wore the one that he had "chosen" for me so as not to hurt his feelings but he has no clothes sense and it clashed horribly with the rest of my attire :)

Cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 10:12:06 AM »
Lol, the funny thing with Max is, I know exactly what he's about to do.  For example, when he starts prowling around the edge of the lounge, without even looking at him I know he's going to start knocking CDs off the rack, or pull books off the bookshelf.  Even when I turn round and look him straight in the eye saying 'Nooooooo', he just stares me out and turns his back to do it anyway  :innocent:  Honestly, sometimes its like living with a naughty 2 year old  :rofl:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 10:08:19 AM »
Hi hun,

I was intrigued by the title of the thread  :evillaugh:, Alfie's the same he knows that trashing all my drying laundry, chewing and hiding all my clothes pegs is "naughty" but can't resist the urge to do it over and again. We had a long chat about it but it went in one ear and out the other :)

Cheers to all

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 09:57:27 AM »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 21:36:37 PM »
Tom (18) never does anything wrong and never has.  Even if he did, like Gill's Franta, he wouldn't hear any scolding.

Last time I shouted at Billy Whiz was well over a year ago when he was climbing through privet hedge making his way to the blackbird's nest. He didn't take a blind bit of notice of me and I had to dive into the privet to stop him. I don't think he has ever done anything naughty since.

Freddie, well, Freddie where on earth do I start. He just ain't at all scared of his ma so I've just stopped telling him off when he misbehaves (50% of the time) and just go and pick him up for a cuddle which just encourages him I know. Favourite trick is to sharpen claws on back of my arm chair which he stops immediately I dangle my hand over arm and he chews my hand instead (only 2 teeth  :rofl:)

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 21:23:53 PM »
I am very bad at disciplining Riley, Lukey has quite honestly never done anything naughty to need disciplining.  I love them both the same though,  I love Riley because he is so naughty and Lukey because he is so good  :)

I have developed the 'Riley growl' which goes like this 'Riley.... down...' in a low growly voice.  This is completely ignored, at which point I flash him the 'Riley filthy look' - trust me if looks could kill this would!  Again, this is completely ignored, I have tried squirting him with water which he adores - have finally found something he cannot resist...  When he is being naughty I make a huge fuss of LuLu and he will immediately stop what he's doing and rush over to me  :evillaugh:

LOl Helen, Oliver could be Riley's evil twin :naughty: :evillaugh:  Sometimes he seems to laugh at me in my face when I try to "discipline" him... :Crazy: well, your solution sounds surely perfect, and that would give me an excuse to get a playmate for Ollie!!! :wow:  But we have to make sure the new playmate will be "GOOD" though!! :shocked:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 20:38:40 PM »
Funnily enough along the same lines of this thread but reversed ... If cody goes somewhere and gets shut behind a door or situations like that (ie something or somewhere he shouldnt be or shouldnt be doing ) when I let him through he always trills at me in a very precise manner like HE'S giving ME into trouble  :-:  So when this happened earlier today I said to cody "why do you always rage me when its your own doing you were stuck through there" (cody looking at me with great expression) and hubby says "i really dont know why you speak to him like that when he has no idea what your on about "

I said Ooooooohhhhhhhh yes he does  :rofl:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 20:27:42 PM »
When he is being naughty I make a huge fuss of LuLu and he will immediately stop what he's doing and rush over to me  :evillaugh:

:rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 20:16:48 PM »
I am very bad at disciplining Riley, Lukey has quite honestly never done anything naughty to need disciplining.  I love them both the same though,  I love Riley because he is so naughty and Lukey because he is so good  :)

I have developed the 'Riley growl' which goes like this 'Riley.... down...' in a low growly voice.  This is completely ignored, at which point I flash him the 'Riley filthy look' - trust me if looks could kill this would!  Again, this is completely ignored, I have tried squirting him with water which he adores - have finally found something he cannot resist...  When he is being naughty I make a huge fuss of LuLu and he will immediately stop what he's doing and rush over to me  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 20:00:34 PM »
I can tell Franta offnas much as I like and he just blinks his blue eyes and tries to cuddle................he is deaf and cant hear!

Ducha doesnt like being told off so I feeel very guility and Misa is such a softy that he doesnt misbehave really.

Sasa. ummmmmmm dear Sasa can be a naughty tortie and when caught in the act one word will stop her........SASA!

Offline SophiasMum

• Adult Cat
!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 19:15:49 PM »
Darn, saw the title and thought 'oooo - this looks interesting :evillaugh:' but no - it is all about telling off your cat - oh well. No if they are in the wrong they get told. If they do it again they get told again. Sorry, but there are rules in this house ...

Yes you are right. I just felt so bad because she was such a Madam! :no no:

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 19:14:44 PM »
Sorry, but there are rules in this house ...

There are rules in this house too.  Problem is the cats made them.
I know what you mean
Its usually me thats done something wrong never Max  :Luv2:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 19:09:14 PM »
 :tired: Yeah Susanne.. here too.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 19:08:45 PM »
Sorry, but there are rules in this house ...

There are rules in this house too.  Problem is the cats made them.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 19:07:20 PM »
Darn, saw the title and thought 'oooo - this looks interesting :evillaugh:' but no - it is all about telling off your cat - oh well. No if they are in the wrong they get told. If they do it again they get told again. Sorry, but there are rules in this house ...

Offline SophiasMum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 19:04:27 PM »
They always act really cute after you have told them off so you feel even more guilty. :'(

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 19:01:53 PM »
Guinness gets told off ALL the time  :tired: he is so naughty  :evillaugh: he thinks his name is Gremlin  :evillaugh:

He has this knack of when you tell him off, he rolls on his back, purrs a very pathetic purr and looks like an angel  :tired:  :rofl:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 18:53:02 PM »
seconds before reading this, spare cat in mid racing about the room skidding along the laminate chasing some imaginary something knocked the coffe table which such force it threw tea everywhere, narrowly avoiding the laptop  >:( but its completely pointless telling her off as she is quite clearly in charge and pretty much rolls her eyes if i attempt to! instead i opt for a withering look (the same sort i get from her when i do something wrong, like dare to move/breathe)

Lucifer on the other hand usually knows when hes been bad and either has done it deliberatly for a reaction or is trying to look all cute to make up for it already so either way i ignore it

But if I snap at Jaffa I feel guilty because he's a good boy and it's usually just a case of bad timing with him (like wanting attention when I want to be on here!).

thats when i feel guilty, i get this wounded look which usually gets some ham or chicken or treat of some description while i worry that  ive made him feel unloved (and he sniggers behind my back)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 18:43:50 PM »
Depends who it is.  If it's Mosi, no.  He is one very naughty boy!  But if I snap at Jaffa I feel guilty because he's a good boy and it's usually just a case of bad timing with him (like wanting attention when I want to be on here!).

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 18:43:16 PM »
Cats come with built in "make your owner feel guilty" meters.  You just have to live with the filthy looks  :sneaky:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 18:41:24 PM »
Always. Generally because I know Lexy won't get why I get annoyed, but I don't shout at her or anything. I tend to ignore her if she's doing something naughty... she's doing it to get a reaction, so if I don't show her one she soon learns it won't get my attention.

Otherwise I live with the disapproving look...

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 18:40:37 PM »
Nope  :evillaugh:

Offline SophiasMum

• Adult Cat
Discipline
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 18:39:36 PM »
I feel really bad  for telling Sophia off but she was really naughty but do any of you feel guilty after telling your cats off? :(

Link to CatChat