Author Topic: Help with decorating  (Read 2633 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Help with decorating
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 00:53:19 AM »
Love the paw prints - whoever it was must've thought they were at the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood putting their prints on the floor and getting a star on the pavement  :Luv2: :hug:

If it's good enough for Lassie I'm sure it's good enough for one of your lot Gillian ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 23:46:40 PM »
lol love the photo!! you are very brave glossing this close to the carpet coming I know I'd end up with it everywhere

Its ok - its the quick drying water based paint (B&Q) think its called Colours everywhere or something like that. Its brill, because there is no odour either, unlike trad gloss where you end up high as a kite on the fumes :evillaugh: It was dry within an hour, 2 at most.

I love your wall decoration!!!!

LOL! The pawprints are actually on the floor - its a piece of wood on the threshold between lounge and dining room - it was dark wood stain, ugh! Been wanting to paint that for years! Honey decided to walk across it before it was dry, so touched that bit up again, and blow me she came back through again before I could stop her!

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 18:34:44 PM »
I love your wall decoration!!!!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 16:33:06 PM »
lol love the photo!! you are very brave glossing this close to the carpet coming I know I'd end up with it everywhere

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 15:15:50 PM »
Algie excelled himself on my new carpet, managed to christen the stairs from top to bottom in one go  :sick: :Crazy:

Ewwww  :sick:

Got to be christened! :Luv2: Don't you just love them? :Luv:

hmmm....I'l get back to you on that one  ;)

Already we have.........pawprints in the paint  :tired:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 08:20:47 AM »
Algie excelled himself on my new carpet, managed to christen the stairs from top to bottom in one go  :sick: :Crazy:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 00:08:47 AM »

, carpet coming Thurs - cats all ready and waiting to do projectile vomiting of hairballs on said new carpet I'm sure  :tired:

Goes without saying! :rofl: Got to be christened! :Luv2: Don't you just love them? :Luv:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 00:02:31 AM »
LOL! Mine have been invaluable these past few days...NOT! I get on the stool to reach the top bits of the wall, then get off to move along a bit, go to get stool again, blinkin cat on it - every time  :doh:

Phew, nearly there, just the skirting board to do tomorrow, carpet coming Thurs - cats all ready and waiting to do projectile vomiting of hairballs on said new carpet I'm sure  :tired:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 23:50:40 PM »
I am decorating my mates bedroom, I have a foredog, usually I have two forecats in the garden making sure that I am doing everything correctly! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lovely pics of the decorating forecats! :Luv2:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 13:43:09 PM »
The last time my house was being redecorated, I had a handiman come in to do it, we completely altered the layout of the hall.
One day Maurice, the handiman, texted me that all my cats were now white......
Slight exaggeration, Catweazle had decided to inspect the newly plastered wall.  Maurice could just prevent him from rubbing his side against the wet plaster. But all the cats were very interested in his doings and hung around at all times. Good thing he loves cats.......

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 22:11:03 PM »
So when are you gonna buy them some decorator's overalls then?  Don't want their lovely fur covered in paint  :naughty: :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 20:39:55 PM »
My goodness Joe is so attentive and Gwynnie well LOL.

I just hate decorating but cant afford to pay one.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 18:03:20 PM »
I hate decorating - I confess I do have to pay someone otherwise nothing would ever get done - our loft hatch is still naked a good 4 years after being replaced

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
Help with decorating
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 17:51:19 PM »
Well, when I say help......think its more of a supervisory role  ;) So I'm finally getting round to finishing decorating the loung (started over a year ago - just before I started fostering funnily enough, say no more  ;) ) and the cats are right in the middle of it as usual. Am panicking a bit now, as new carpet is coming on Thurs, and I've left everything till last minute as usual  :innocent: Had to take up old carpet (ugh! been down 13 years  :sick: ), rub down walls not done last time, and skirting - its taken me practically all day just to do that - oh hec!

Anyway, Joe (why does Joe seem to be right there when anything's going on?!) and Gwynnie thought they'd supervise from my decorating stool  :)

Gwynnie's bored now, yawn lol!

Gwynnie's off, all this prep work is boring, boring, boring  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat