Author Topic: Is Spring in the air?  (Read 2138 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Is Spring in the air?
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 16:56:40 PM »
I was adding water from the kettle to Shadow's bowl three days ago so he could drink, then we had two days when the thermostat for the boiler was turned right down but it was still too hot. This morning, dense mist and dank cold that penetrated the bones, and the same all day in London apart from a brief ray of sunshine that caught the tops of a few terraces and now deep dank cold fog once more ... Nope, Spring's along way of yet. Which is probably a good thing. The baby birds in my neighbourhood might get a chance to learn to fly this year with no Smidgen to bring them down when they still have their eggy tummies bulging over their spindly necks ... :(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 16:49:04 PM »
Spring in January - Are you all crazy?  :naughty: :rofl: :Luv2:

99% of the time is snows on or around my birthday and that is Feb 25th so we've got a long time until Spring.

Boing!!! Boing!!! :rofl: :rofl:

I also have to change the water for the birds every day as it is still icing up.  :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 16:32:57 PM »
When I went shopping about 9.30 this morning it did feel really springlike.  Wont last I don't suppose

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 16:22:50 PM »
Umm yesssss wellllllllllll its supposed to be later in the year and when the leaves are budding and its nice and getting warmer  and drier, without wind and everything is peaceful with little birdys hatching and all that stuff.........and dont thing we ever get it how its meant to be  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 16:19:51 PM »
Can someone tell me what Spring is?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 15:20:45 PM »
we have birdsong most of time...well at feeding time and swear they send little messages when I am filling up the feeding station.

Of course Sasa especially is well tuned into this and Misa sits on the window sill and watches.  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 14:21:37 PM »
horrible fog here too although I did spend a fair bit on cleaning stuff at lunchtime because I fully intend to do a spring clean this weekend (hopefully)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 14:04:57 PM »
No, it isn't - freezing fog still hanging here today (although I quite like fog, it's rather atmospheric, provided one doesn't have to drive in it).

But to answer your post in the spirit it was intended - I heard a lot of birdsong this morning, so perhaps your little gang is more in tune with the rhythms of nature than I am  :rofl:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 13:25:07 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  Sounds like fun at your place Gill.  Can I sleep over one night?  :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 13:19:29 PM »
Somethink must be going on - I came home earlier an like a ghost out of the fog appeared a little white body - Beavis had ventured outside!!!!! :o

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Is Spring in the air?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 12:47:54 PM »
Or is it just that the perma frost has gone?

My cats have been in and out the catflap every few mins today so far, Franta is shouting and bouncing around.

The grass is eatable again so guess as Misa is munching will have furballs everywhere!

I think they havent seen the weather forecast for this afternoon which is high winds and rain grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I couldnt sleep last night and got up and came down stairs to a hive of activity, amazing what they get up to during the night.

Misa was trying to get paws and nose under something heavy and I thought , Ohhhhh no he has a mouse, well he did but it was a catnip one and all soggy from his drooling.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr Misa just come in and its started raining!

Sasa was playing with toys in the front room and looked quite shocked to see me roaming around  :rofl: :rofl:

No wonder they sleep all day, its so they can play all night  ;D

Link to CatChat