In Loving Memory Cats > Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory

Rest now, Little Powerhouse ~ Astryd, 3rd March, 2023.

<< < (2/2)

dawnf:
 :hug:

Sam (Fussy_Furball):
One of the toughest little cookies I have ever met.   I remember the day I met you and took you to your new home with "JackSpratt".  RIP Astryd play hard at the bridge little lady.

Desley (booktigger):
RIP Astrid, your tortitude showing to the end.

JackSpratt:
Rest now, little powerhouse.

Having to make the decision for such an indomitable spirit was never going to be easy, Astryd.

You’ve been through so much. And at every stage of it, you showed a fierceness I intend to try and emulate with every obstacle life gives me.

You came into my life when you were around two and a half months old, not long after I’d lost my boy, Toby. And I fell in love with you the minute we met.

You were always such a strong personality. You never let the other cats push you around, and won over Jack so much he’d sleep in the big bed with you. You were cheeky and clever; SO clever. But gentle too.

As you got older you dealt with some serious health issues with a tenacity that is inspirational. You developed hyperaesthesia because you were confused when someone left; but you found a way past it. You even learned to trust and love another human despite that.

You got diagnosed with brain tumours and had successful surgery to remove them; a week later you were scaling a floor to ceiling cat tree. Two years later you suffered a mini stroke that incapacitated you for two weeks, but you still let us know when you needed the litter tray so we could help you to it. They discovered hyperthyroidism and then arthritis. You kept battling through. A few months ago you started to struggle a little more than usual; I watched you keep fighting through until it was just too much and you were too tired. And I made the call that no one wants to make when they love someone. And it hurts.

But even now, even as it’s hurting, I’m remembering your lesson, Astryd. Things can keep trying to knock you down but you kick ass right back. You will forever and always be my hero. You will forever and always be loved.

Rest easy, our beautiful girl.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version