Author Topic: CAN ANYONE HELP THIS SHETLAND FOAL? URGENT  (Read 2282 times)

MBll

Re: CAN ANYONE HELP THIS SHETLAND FOAL? URGENT
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 12:21:22 PM »
Got an email from the person that was looking for help...as follows............

Hi

Just a quick note to give you an update on the Shetland pony (from Aberdeen) that you recently emailed us about.  Theo arrived at his new wonderful home in Shropshire on Monday and is settling in well.  He really has fell on his feet with a home for life and has the company of two other horses.  Thank you for your email/offers of help and sorry for the delay in responding

julie

MBll

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 18:04:48 PM »
JS i dont have any update I did email couple days ago but not heard anything from the person so I dont know whats happened?  :-:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 17:43:13 PM »
Only just read this, Mags. What happened?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

MBll

CAN ANYONE HELP THIS SHETLAND FOAL? URGENT
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 22:52:40 PM »
Crossposting  an email i got.

Hi,

A lady (and that is being very polite) who lives on the Shetland isles is moving to live abroad and can't rehome a little shetland foal so is planning on sending him to market (he may end up going to slaughter) in the next few days.  I have sorted out a place in a sanctuary in wales but there is a huge problem in getting him there.
I have the funds to ship him over to Aberdeen and pay the fuel to wales but I need to find somebody willing to drive him. Obviously I can put someone up for the night in Liverpool on ther way back.  Alternatively if anyone knows of any contacts please let me know asap.

Thanks Steph

Additional info requested:

I have a van but it is in Liverpool so it would mean going from Liverpool to aberdeen and then back to Wales so it would really need someone with an appropiate vehicle.  Apparently he is the size of a great dane with him being a Shetland foal.

Another option I have is to try and the funds to pay a pony transporter to bring him down which costs £270. After paying for his transport from Shetland to Aberdeen I only have £150 left so if anyone can contribute towards that would be a massive help.  Apparently it would be far less stressful for him to travel with other horses than to be on his own-he isn't even meant to be separated from his mother at his age.

Any help in anyway would be much appreciated, Thanks, Steph

If anyone can help email Steph direct – baiple@blueyonder.co.uk

Link to CatChat