Author Topic: Urgent Situation 17 cats need foster homes due to RSPCA case-Harlow, Essex  (Read 2663 times)

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Good luck with finding foster homes for these cats
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline madasacatter

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Hello Mods and fellow Purrs Peeps, these cats are NOT in Coventry But in Harlow, Essex.   Thanks.  I am sorry I should have put that bit of info in!  :thanks:
Coventry Cat Group

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Urgent Situation
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 22:56:29 PM »
Just amending title for you  ;D

Offline madasacatter

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
I have been asked by another rescue (who rescue anything from a zebra finch to her speciality alsations) if we could help a lady who I believe is in her 70s and has rescued hundreds of cats with her own money.
The lady is under threat from the RSPCA and the local council to find homes for 17 cats, aged between 2.1/2 years to about 11 years.  Of course they are all neutered and spayed but I believe there is or has been some sort of cat flu going on at some time because she spoke about some having antibiotics called sinulux.   You have probably gathered from Angie's posts that we are only a tiny rescue.

She doesn't want permanent homes for them, just until early October this year, as that is when her appeal is due and she will know if she can keep animals by then.  I gather she has had some "run ins" with the RSPCA and her local council, but her heart is in the right place.  Perhaps by the time a few weeks have passed she will sign over some of them anyway, it would allow some to go back and have more space at least.

Just don't know what to say to her, as she has already spoken to her vet about pts if nothing can be sorted out.  You have probably gathered from Angie's posts that we are only a tiny rescue.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 23:05:20 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »
Coventry Cat Group

Link to CatChat