Author Topic: SCOTTISH BORDERS RABBIT CULL – URGENT!  (Read 2215 times)

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
  • sweetness itself... sally!
Re: SCOTTISH BORDERS RABBIT CULL – URGENT!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 23:36:05 PM »
its not our place (in my opinion)  to kill anything cos it gets in our way, it feels so wrong, i cant even tread on a snail on the way home on a dark night without feeling guilty for days!
i have a caravan in a private park just out of st Andrews in Scotland and the park is full of rabbits,they hop about all day and are so cheeky! as it happens i have eight as pets rabbits at home so except from cats they are my fav pets !,
there presence on the caravan site only adds joy to our holls and i cannot see them as any prob at all, its what happens when we invade their territory, ie the country side and if they can forgive us, then for gods sake whats a few plants against a life.....
people who ask for a cull, get a hold of yourself, who are you to decide if something lives or dies, and whats wrong with you that you want to?.....

MBll

SCOTTISH BORDERS RABBIT CULL – URGENT!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 22:56:08 PM »
Crossposting an email i got

Local residents in the Scottish Borders are trying to convince the local council to carry out a cull of grey rabbits. The residents of Wilton hill in Hawick have been complaining of the number of rabbits for some time, but so far the council have been reluctant to carry out a cull. It's a worry that if not a cull, some action may be taken. The hate campaign against the rabbits is apparently headed by a local Mr John Fraser.

Please write to the council and ask them kindly not to consider a cull or anything like it, and there are alternative methods available to keep rabbits from your property. Let them know we share this planet with other animals and it's not up to us to wipe them out of our way just because they nibble a few plants. Thanks.

Online contact form ( A written letter is much better)

http://www.scotborders.gov.uk/forms/contactus/

If you are uncertain which portfolio or service you need to speak to then telephone the main switchboard on 01835 824000 and our operator will put you through to the correct team.

The Council telephone lines are open between 08:45 - 17:00 Monday to Thursday, and 08:45 - 15:45 Fridays.

Postal Address
Scottish Borders Council,
Council Headquarters,
Newtown St. Boswells,
Melrose,
TD6 0SA.

Link to CatChat