Author Topic: Rabbit Rescue to be closed due to planning permission problem :(  (Read 2775 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Rabbit Rescue to be closed due to planning permission problem :(
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 19:04:23 PM »
This is an email I had concerning this:

http://www.gopetition.com/online/14023.html

dear friends,

the above website address takes you to a petition to help support keeping my rescue open. i have been building up my rescue and knowledge on rabbits for the last 12 years and within the last 5 years my rescue have become established, well known and successful, where i open to the public on saturday afternoons by appoitment.

devastatingly people in my village and residents near the rescue are being extremely hostile and are trying to close me down, the main complaint being of access to the rescue through the cul-de-sac despite having my own car parking area and the rescue being hidden from all view to anyone's homes.

please help support us. i have the capicty to care for between 60 and 100 rabbits and with over 33,000 being abandoned each year in this country, it is vital my rescue stays open, with a success rate of homing 1-2 pairs a week throughout the year.

kindest regards caroline xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 10:20:32 AM »
Signed
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 20:11:12 PM »
I will post the questions.  Thanks :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 20:07:28 PM »
Sorry Christine I can't answer your questions as I have just cross-posted this from the Hovel.

OK, Sam - would be worth making that suggestion as it might well get immediate results if one of those folks is an animal lover?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 20:02:44 PM »
Sorry Christine I can't answer your questions as I have just cross-posted this from the Hovel.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 20:00:42 PM »
Has Caroline contacted her local councillor, MP and MEP?  And the local paper(s)?  She should do so immediately, if not.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Rabbit Rescue to be closed due to planning permission problem :(
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 19:54:43 PM »
Cross posted from the Hovel.

I know it's a cat forum, and you are all cat lovers, but I call upon you to spend a moment of your time to sign the following petition:

Description/History:

Each year more than 33,000 rabbits are handed over to shelters because their owners can’t or won’t look after them. Caroline Collings runs the Rabbit Residence rescue centre by herself, with only a hand full of volunteers who come and go.

The rescue is based on a 1/3rd of an acre which was bought with £5,000 kindly donated by a benefactor. The rescue is not a profit making business and relies solely on donations made by people adopting rabbits.

The rescue is now under threat of closing unless planning permission is obtained. With almost 100 rabbits that are housed in runs and hutches awaiting new homes, the closure of this rescue centre would be devastating.

The Petition:

We, the undersigned, call on the local council to allow the Rabbit Residence Rescue centre to continue operating out of its current site.

We agree that the Rabbit Residence is providing a valuable service both for rabbits in need as well as educating owners and the public in how best to care for rabbits.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-the-rabbit-residence-open/sign.html
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 20:03:26 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat