Author Topic: Is your supermarket compassionate in animal food standards?  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Is your supermarket compassionate in animal food standards?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 19:55:33 PM »
Apparently Asda are one of the biggest supporters of Goerge Bush's republican party.

Their own brand personal type products say they are against anim;al testing and fund research into alternatives (but don't say their products aren't tested)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Is your supermarket compassionate in animal food standards?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 19:08:26 PM »
I heard that Asda had the poorest ethics of all the supermarkets and everything is based on cost. Shame as the Walton (Walmart) family have as many billions as they could ever spend
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
Is your supermarket compassionate in animal food standards?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 17:44:55 PM »
As many of you are animal lovers - not just cat lovers - I thought the attached article was interesting. It also gives you opportunity in the link to have your say. Of all the big supermarkets, it is extrremely dispappointing to see that ASDA would not take part. Arrogance?

http://www.talkingretail.com/news/7642/MS-and-Sainsburys-win-animal-w.ehtml
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to CatChat