Author Topic: My cat has a new sleeping/rest place...  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Re: My cat has a new sleeping/rest place...
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 13:25:26 PM »
 :Luv: Bonnie

I set up the garage (which is built into the house) with all 4 litter trays and Nova likes camping out on the old beanbag by the litter trays - It is the coolest room in the house though I suppose!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 12:16:08 PM »
Mosi chooses a new sleeping place every few weeks/months.  He pretty much rotates them now as he's slept just about everywhere!  He's recently started sleeping on a particular shelf on the cat tree that he never used before.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 01:42:50 AM »
Yer, you're right - she's well guarding it.  :hug: :rofl:

Just reminded me of another sleeping place - she's in there somewhere  :rofl: :Luv2: - see pic.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 23:29:58 PM »
I have a whole crowd of big teddies around my house, none as big as that though! And definitely none big enough for me to sleep on.

Bonnie looks like she's saying to me 'you keep away from my mr panda' in that photo  :rofl:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 21:47:09 PM »
Aaaw sorry Claire - here's full pic of it - I fell in love with it years ago and when it was in the sale for 1/2 price I had to get it.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 21:41:28 PM »
Bonnie just made me jealous, I wish I had a giant panda I could curl up to sleep on! Harumph.

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 21:39:57 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Canon - you will find cats do lots of things to get us worried and guessing if they are ok or not - little S*DS  :rofl:

My Bonnie sleeps in one place for a few weeks then another, then another, then another but always starts off in my bed.  :rofl:

Pics of just a few of her favourite places  :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 21:10:07 PM »
Poppy and Charlie have both changed on the last week, Charlie under the dining table and Poppy on the sofa. Must be to hot for her this week in the windowsill. :)
Nicky x

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 21:05:07 PM »
I think Pepsi is definitely moving her sleeping place in order to find somewhere cooler. I bought a roasting tray a while ago which is too big to fit into our tabletop oven, I put it on the table in the living room and Pepsi has started sitting and sleeping on it  :evillaugh: I was going to take it back and change it for a smaller one, but if she's using it to cool off with then I think I'd feel too bad taking it away from her

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 11:40:35 AM »
And Ai chan has now changed her sleeping space once again, now she sleeps with my DD along with my foster cat phillip.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 06:59:51 AM »
Yep, occasionally cats do for some reason like to change their sleeping places.  Ours have done this if they've found somewhere else which they prefer or when the weather changes i.e. if they are too warm/cold in that spot or sometimes it's hard to tell and often they've preferred a hard floor to a comfy bed.  I would be more wary however if they were hiding away all the time.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 20:41:41 PM »
It's pretty normal for cats to change their favorite sleeping places.
Ai chan used to sleep on my bed at night. Now it's the hallway floor near the bathroom.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 20:34:49 PM »
Noah mostly sleeps on my bed when I am out, or near me when I am home. I'd like to think it was a personal compliment but as he steals my seat the second I get up to go to the toilet or the fridge, I suspect it is not.  :rofl:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline canon

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 13:57:03 PM »
Thanks everyone, yes hes eating and drinking fine and seems his usual self.  Its put my mind at ease now.
 :)

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 12:16:03 PM »
My boy Poot regularly changes his favourite place, it oftend depends on the weather as well.  In all this heat he's been avoiding his comfy cusion and been chilling on the floor under the coffee table, as its cooler there I assume  ;D

This is what Pepsi has done, she always used to sleep on a cushion or on the arm of the sofa, now she stretches herself out on top of the little TV we have on Si's desk as it's quite cold on there, I think she's cooling her tummy off  :Luv2: At first I was going to put a cushion on there as it doesn't look very comfy, but that would kind of defeat the object for her I think. I always used to worry about Pepsi as she'd always sleep in places that looked uncomfortable like the arm of the sofa, especially when she has loads of nice beds everywhere  :innocent: but I guess they must be comfy otherwise they wouldn't stay there  :)

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 12:13:59 PM »
Mine all vary their sleeping places , usually where I want to sit is very popular! :tired:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 12:08:49 PM »
 :evillaugh: I hope it's normal as my boy likes to change his sleeping places.

As a kitten he started off sleeping on the dog bed for ages. Then switched to his own bed under the radiator for a long while. Then it was the first landing on the stairs - either in the middle or leaning against the step. After that he progressed to the top of the landing, sleeping across the very top step. Then he brought his nap time back downstairs to his bed. Switched to the chair under the window. Then moved back upstairs to take over my bed. His current afternoon nap spot is on one of the dining room chairs. He seems to like one spot for a few weeks to a couple of months then just switches.

As for night time snoozes he used to sleep on me for the longest time, then moved out to the landing but has moved back into my room and spends all night fast asleep in his bed which is on the floor at the end of my bed.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 11:57:17 AM »
My boy Poot regularly changes his favourite place, it oftend depends on the weather as well.  In all this heat he's been avoiding his comfy cusion and been chilling on the floor under the coffee table, as its cooler there I assume  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:42:33 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

My cats go through phases of where they like to sleep so I think it's quite normal for Thomas to have picked a new favourite place. As long as he seems to be his usual happy self and is eating/drinking OK then I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest  :hug:

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:13:30 AM »
 :evillaugh: i think cats are just fickle! :evillaugh: nothing to worry about, I dont think...maybe you could try and freshen his cushion up a little wash it and see if that makes any different....cats love a basket of clean washing!..... :wow:
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline canon

• Kitten
My cat has a new sleeping/rest place...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:06:51 AM »
Hello everyone would just like a little information . Thomas is my first cat, hes 5 years old, since we've had him (almost 2 years )  hes alway slept/chilled on a cushion on the sofa.  However the past 4 weeks he now will not go anyway near the cushion !! and sleeps/chills under the eating area on the carpet.... just wondering why hes all of a sudden changed to a different resting place??  Is this usual for cats?  The cushion hasnt had anything spilt on it so no new smells or anything like that...
 :)

Link to CatChat