Author Topic: Confusing Signals  (Read 1548 times)

Offline x Beckie x (Buffy)

• Senior Cat
  • x Missy and Pickle x
Re: Confusing Signals
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 15:18:21 PM »
I quite often come down in the morning and they are both sitting outside the bedroom door and Halen and Hendrix are just the other side and they are touching paws under the door!!!

Im glad its normal - makes me feel really re-assurred that its ok and will keep going with seperate when im not there until i know i can trust Pickle!!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 12:52:29 PM »
Definately normal.....all of mine have done exactly the same, some are wary some are not.....its the first steps and not bad after a week and half considering they are away from them overnight etc..... :)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 12:45:20 PM »
It seems that she wants to be friends with them but is not sure how to go about it..... Im confuuuuused!!!

I think that sums it up! My older girls were like that with the youngsters when they were first let out to mix and they had lived in the house separately as fosters for weeks before that.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 11:35:26 AM »
Sounds like she's abit wary of them but is interested which is good.  I'd relax and carry on doing what you are doing.

Have you got feliway ?

Offline x Beckie x (Buffy)

• Senior Cat
  • x Missy and Pickle x
Confusing Signals
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:09:47 AM »
We have just got 2 10 week old kittens kittens and we are currently 1 and a half weeks into introducing them to our 2 established cats Missy and Pickle. We have kept them in the spare room and had slow introductions through doors and cages etc and now we have them out in the evenings when we are around and stuff but still put them in the spare room at night and when we are at work. Missy is quite happy with them now after a few hisses and she lets them get on with it and she has even groomed them a couple of times but still establishes control but Pickle is acting differently and its confusing me.

Whe she first met/saw them she ran away and just carried on - then she ventured up to them and she is hissing and walloping them around the ear (Which they really dont seem to be bothered by and just carry on playing!) but then Pickle will touch noses with them and she even licked Hendrix's bum yesterday then when he turned round she hissed at him!!! Im confused in her behaviour - is it something that may settle?? It seems that she wants to be friends with them but is not sure how to go about it..... Im confuuuuused!!!

Link to CatChat