Author Topic: Blood in Stool?  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Blood in Stool?
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 11:59:21 AM »
Min had bloods taken twice last month

Bloods would not necessarily show all was well in the poo department. There are so many thing it could be that a vet is the only person to rule out most things.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Lizzie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 22:18:56 PM »
Hi Milly's Mum - Min had bloods taken twice last month and all was ok except a borderline thyroid think count was 64).  Vet can't feel any lumps and bumps as she's a bit chubby although she's been on a strict diet since we rehomed her 3 years ago (was 8.5 kilos now 6.20.

She's such a horror at the vets so I dread taking her there but I suppose I'm lucky as she's the only cat that we have ever had who is happy to go into her cat box.

Tried to attach a photo but couldn't get it to work.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 17:59:36 PM »
It could be worms or constipation but a vet trip would be wise. At 16 a senior blood test would be a good idea too.
Have you any pics of your grand lady Min?

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 17:54:33 PM »
Any evidence of bright blood in the stool warrants a trip to the vet - it could be nothing, or it could be a tear in the lower gut or cancer. Usually it is nothing, but not worth the risk of not seeking professional help

Offline Lizzie

• Adult Cat
Blood in Stool?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 17:47:25 PM »
Anything to worry about if you spot a tiny speck of red blood in your cat's stool?  We've just spotted this in our Min's - she seems ok, eating/drinking fine.  She's a larger lady of 16 years.  Could it be a sign of worms (she's not been wormed recently but probably due a tablet).   

You should have seen the dirty look she gave me when I was inspecting it - the loss of dignity was too much for her to bear, methinks!

Anyone had the same problem?

Link to CatChat