Author Topic: Pad/paw sucking?  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Pad/paw sucking?
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 22:23:57 PM »
It does sound like it might be a comfort thing for him, quite cute really  :Luv2: Riley often does a 'deep clean' of his paws including pulling nails with his teeth  :sick: but it seems to be more of a routine thing rather than a comfort thing for him.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 19:33:12 PM »
Mine do deep cleaning of paws LOL, I reckon you should just wait and see what happens but if anything of real concern happens, then it would have to be the vet  :hug: :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 19:01:16 PM »
One of my late cats Ellie did this when I first got her, I did take her to the vets 'just in case' but nothing was wrong and he agreed it was probably just a comfort thing -  she did stop after a month or so.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 18:14:09 PM »
tricky one!  not something I've ever heard of but of course as we all know they have their funny ways!

Offline lizfraser

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Arthur and Dottie Dillon (Feb 1998 - 18/12/12 RIP),Tom (RIP 12/11/12), Digby (Feb 1998-17/11/10 RIP)
Pad/paw sucking?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 11:15:31 AM »
Hi everyone, just after a bit of advice.

Arthur keeps sucking his toe. He purrs like mad and kneeds while he is doing it, and is very purry and affectionate afterwards. Could it be a comfort thing? Not knowing his history before being picked up by animal warden last October we do not know how long he was with his mother or anything. It does not look red or anything, but he will not let me have a proper look. Trip to the vet? I don't want to upset him unnecessarily.  Had enough fun getting Dottie in her carrier for second vac. the other day!  Vet at rescue shelter said Arthur was the most difficult cat she has ever had to chip!!!      :naughty:

Link to CatChat