Author Topic: Kitten Teeth  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Kitten Teeth
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 08:25:51 AM »
when my tilly went in to be spayed she had two sets of canines the new ones were coming through and pushing the little ones out but they were sort of in tandem, it looked horrible (I have a tooth thing anyway!) and they did fall out at some stage but likes others have said she must have swallowed them, I never saw them

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 21:31:41 PM »
I'm not sure what I'm drinking, it's Rose anyways, whatever the OH picked up at Tesco haha.

Yeah I feel a bit better that most people don't see their temp teeth, I think it would freak me out a bit, I've always had a bit of a things about baby teeth ever since my Mum showed me the collection she had of mines hahaha  :rofl: :rofl:

S xxx

Offline chimpzoo

• Adult Cat
    • last days
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 21:10:09 PM »
hi sarah,

i have a 6 month old, i saw her playing, or rather trying to eat one of her teeth off the carpet a few weeks ago. When i looked in her mouth there was no missing teeth!
I think the new ones just push out the old ones and it all looks normal. It's also quite common for the owner never to notice the teeth that fall out as the cat just swallows them, i don't think the cat even notices!

enjoy the wine. I like shiraz.  :evillaugh:

you know what - i've never brushed her teeth  :-[ it actually never crossed my mind. Maybe i should get started...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 21:12:00 PM by chimpzoo »

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 21:08:17 PM »
I didn't notice any of Jaffa's baby teeth falling out (I think they often swallow them?) but I found 2 of Mosi's and kept them - so cute.  They should have all their adult teeth by about 7 months.

I use logic gel which you can get from vetuk.  It's an enzymatic toothpaste that you don't need to brush on - it works if they just lick the tube or you can rub it on their teeth and gums (I just use my finger as it's easier than a toothbrush). 

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
Kitten Teeth
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 20:39:26 PM »
Was just wondering about Tilly and Toms permanent teeth.

My understanding is they should all be in for 7 months?

How do you tell the difference between the temporary and permanent and has anyone seen their temp ones fall out?

It's just because I've never really noticed any change at all in their teeth apart from they look bigger, Tom had what looked like a flap of gum over one of his canines, mister vet said it was nothing to worry about though.

Also how often does everyone brush their teeth and what do they use etc? I'm just realising that I don't actually know much about dental hygiene in cats hahaha.
At the moment I'm just using one of they special cat teeth brushes, just brushing for a couple of minutes once maybe twice a week?

Thanks guys

Sarah x

P.S - Please excuse any spelling errors as I'm enjoying a few glasses of vino  :rofl:

Link to CatChat