Author Topic: Help with Elizabethan collar please.  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Help with Elizabethan collar please.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 19:20:12 PM »
Poor Ben, hope his collar doesn't stress him too much  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Oliver, Basil, Ben and the late, great Morticia and Buster
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 13:39:40 PM »
Thanks Helen, I will send for one of those collars even though it probably won't get here in time but, it will be here in case there is a next time! At the moment Ben is in his own room as I hope it will help him to calm down and get used to the collar.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 12:43:52 PM »
I guess the main thing is that it stays on - he will get used to it eventually even if he makes you feel like a wicked cat Mum for keeping it on him  :hug: When Tiggy had one she was completely freaked out initially and then became subdued but it was a necessary evil to stop her doing damage to her wound so we just had to persevere even though we felt really sorry for her.

You can get different types nowadays that would probably be less 'scary' for him but would obviously take a few days to get to you.... http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2535&zenid=fvgsed840dme87rcnstv47i4p1

:get well: Ben

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Oliver, Basil, Ben and the late, great Morticia and Buster
Help with Elizabethan collar please.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »
I just came back from the vet's and Ben has a very nasty infection of his anal glands and has to wear a collar for 12 days. He's completely freaked at the moment and as I've never had to deal with this before does anyone have any hints on how I can help him to get used to wearing it?

Link to CatChat