Author Topic: ink on cats paw  (Read 1209 times)

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Re: ink on cats paw
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 13:57:46 PM »
we ordered a "paw" shaped stamp plus stamp pad on line so that our 2 could "sign" our Christmas cards - much easier than getting ink on their paws - esp with beige carpets throughout :evillaugh:!

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: ink on cats paw
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 11:07:52 AM »
 :naughty:

btw ink or emulsion paint isn't poisonous on a paw is it? I would quite like my boys to "sign" a card to their sick, elderly ex catsitter in South Africa to post to her with their photos. What would be the safest? Sorry to sort of hijack your thread but it's such a similar q that I didn't want to start another one. I'd have to get it off one paw afterwards too. Did you use soap or wash up liquid and water in the end or just water?

Offline zevxev

• Adult Cat
Re: paint on cats paw
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 23:35:22 PM »
Thanks I have done there's only a tiny spot left.But we finally found out that it was actually ink form my husbands cartridge refills.He had somehow managed to get inside the cupboard.  :innocent:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: paint on cats paw
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 18:26:46 PM »
I would give it another wash witha small amount of fairy liquid.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline zevxev

• Adult Cat
ink on cats paw
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 16:46:11 PM »
Hi all,
 My little cat Ole has been out playing and somehow picked up some green paint on his back paw. I've washed it of with soap and rinsed it off the best I can without distressing him too much.He still has some on his paw but only a little.I'm guessing it must be emulsion for it to come off so easily.Any ideas has to get it off completely without stressing him too much.
Thanks zev x
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 23:36:29 PM by zevxev »

Link to CatChat