Author Topic: Pregnant kitten?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Pregnant kitten?
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 13:47:13 PM »
Cats are pregnant for 63 days, some vets will abort up until a certain period, but it varies from vet to vet.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 10:57:56 AM »
it must be awful for you - pity there isn't anyone you could report her to  but I don't suppose the rspca would do anything

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 10:56:27 AM »
Oh yes that's what she said ''I was gonna have her spayed next week too''. No she isn't taking proper care of them, especially cos she has one 5 year old and a 6 months old toddler who handle the kittens very rough. I doubt she will look after a pregnant cat the way she should. When we were still neighbours she sometimes asked me to feed them for her when she went away, and of course I said yes, these poor things lived in filth - it took me ages to clean their bowls that was full of bits of old wet food that had dried, nearly impossible to scrub them clean.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 10:51:21 AM »
I think but could be wrong they are pregnant for 60 something days - the only way they can abort is by spaying and they can only do that up to a certain time - this woman is a  :censored: nightmare, I remember you posting about her before - poor kitten only a baby itself and I bet she isn't feeding it enough either

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Pregnant kitten?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 10:48:11 AM »
Sigh.

Had a call from my ex neighbour (Jamesons ex owner) saying she thinks one of her new kittens is pregnant. She 'happened' to have a male cat for a short while (errr) but she reckons that her female kitten 'escaped' and came back pregnant. She says the kitten is 6 months, but I think she is younger. (reason for it, when she first got the pair of kittens they were SO tiny, and since I have seen two 8 week old kittens at Croydon CP that were way bigger, these things would fit in my hand) Her vet (PDSA) won't do a pregnancy test for some reason. I know that she planned to get the cat pregnant so she can sell the kittens. We're not even neighbours anymore so I wish she would stop calling me about these things, I don't want to know! She gave the male kitten to her friend, which - to confuse things- is our new neighbour (he moved into her old flat next to ours). She told me to keep an eye out for the kitten incase the new neighbour lets him out. I said if I see the kitten I will not just tell her, but actually take the kitten and bring him somewhere safe.

I told her that it would be terrible if the kitten is pregnant and all that, but the way she talks/deals with things is by agreeing. So it's impossible to know whether she understands what I say or just agrees to shut me up. When I start to go on about things, she sometimes gets pee'd off with me and won't listen therefore. She is the same person I had to take the dog off, and now she is advertising on the Tree site wanting to rehome another dog. She is a serial animal-life buyer/seller! In the time I've known her she has had 4 cats, 7 dogs, 2 rabbits and 3 guinea pigs (one of which her daughter 'accidentally' killed so me and R buried it in their garden in an attempt to show/teach the kid about life & death as the previous guinea pigs had just been chucked in the bin!). Now she wants to start fostering cats & dogs from a rescue, and reckons she is starting an RCPSA course because 'I love me animals init'

How long is a cat pregnant for, and can cats have an abortion? Otherwise this one will be another young cat with a litter of kittens that will end up on the Tree site!

Surely there should be a law against this?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Link to CatChat