Author Topic: Urine problems  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Urine problems
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 17:22:48 PM »
I'd need to check with CW - but I can't post it anyway as no working scanner at the mo!

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 16:07:15 PM »
If it doesn't break copyright laws, it would be great if you posted the article on Purrs.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 15:04:41 PM »
Gillian that would be great if you don't mind, thank you so much

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 14:49:50 PM »
It was me, I just found the article again.It was by vet Richard Allport who writes for Cat World. He was commenting on a lecture of the European Society of Feline Medicine/British Small Animal Veterinary Assoication Symposium on FLUTD (Feline LOwer Urinary Tract Disease)  (bit of a mouthful, LOL!) This particular lecture was given by two UK cat experts (doesnt say who) and the jist is FLUTD is a collection of conditions, many cases are idiopathic (no known cause). However, there are some factors known to predispose to getting the condition - being persian, being black and white shorthaired and being overweight. Also that autumn and early spring were peak times for symptoms. Thats all it said about those factors, doesnt say why in this article, but perhaps in the original lecture it did.

Theres more to the article, I  can photocopy it for you if you'd like? I'm not sure of the date of it as I tore it out of a cat world mag and there's no year at the bottom of the page, and since I've been getting CW for years, it could be a couple or more years old!

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Urine problems
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 13:45:55 PM »
After all the posts recently about these does anyone have any good links to have a read of?

I'm really interested in what someone said (sorry I can't remember who, sorry) about black and white cats suffering from urinary problems.

:thanks:

Link to CatChat