Author Topic: More PuddING and puddY  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: More PuddING and puddY
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 00:29:38 AM »
They're still growing so I wouldn't worry about her weight at this stage.  She could have a growth spurt in a few weeks and then you'll be worried that she's underweight!

When the boys were growing up I would often think that they were underweight (Riley looked like a string bean at one point, ridiculously lanky) and then a few weeks later I'd worry that they were putting on too much weight.  They're 1 1/2 now and Riley is much heavier than Lu but that's down to his build, neither of them are overweight.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 22:19:22 PM »

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 22:18:15 PM »
They haven't been to the vet since their vacs (they are due to be done next month though) Everytime I've ordered their worming tablets I've told them their weight and nobody has commented. The vet said when they went for their kitten checkat 8 weeks that because of Izzy's heart murmur she would likely be small.......FAT CHANCE hehe

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 22:14:59 PM »
She looks quite solid and not a big cat, so reckon you need to keep a watch on her eating. What does the vet say?

Misa is an enomous cat and 7yrs old and he is bit heavy at 6.5 kg, Sasa my tortie is also a heavy cat and at 9yrs is over 5kg, both their jelly bellies could do with a reduction  ;D

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
More PuddING and puddY
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 22:10:57 PM »
Over the last couple of weeks several people have commented on how large and heavy Izzy is getting. It's starting to make me just a tad paranoid. She's always been larger than Bella who has always been fairly dainty. Izzy now weights 4kg and is 5 months old. Is this heavy?

I've just taken some pictures so you can see her she definaty heavier these days and has 'filled out' but I've always assumed this was normaly until people started to comment  :scared: ..

Link to CatChat