Author Topic: Having kittens after being neutered?  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Having kittens after being neutered?
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 18:14:37 PM »
Sorry to hear that Gizmo is still AWOL, Andy, but don't forget what I told you about Zsa Zsa.  Gizmo may well be closer than you think.  Keep looking  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 18:08:56 PM »
Just to be 100% sure, I went to check on Saturday anyway! It wasn't Gizmo. It seems that common sence, logic & probability prevail once again  :rofl:

Thanks anyway
Andy

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 10:22:56 AM »
I'm afraid I am with Fluffybunny on this one. Neutering a female cat involved removing the uterus an ovaries, so not a chance that she could be pregnant, I am afraid. There might a about a 10 billion to one chance of a piece of ovarian material being retained and being sufficient to release eggs that could have been fertilised, but that would be like an ectopic pregnancy and the cat would not have brought viable kittens into the world and is unlikely to have survived herself. So while I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a cat, unless you find the kittens are not hers, then it can not be your cat. Sorry :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 09:56:07 AM »
If the neuter was done properly, then no it's not remotely possible - and in that respect if it was done 4 years ago but not properly, chances are she would have had other kittens before now if she's been outside at all.   

I guess it's still worth following up though "just in case" - how old are the two kittens with her, are they definitely hers?  If you don't follow up you'lll probably always be wondering whether it was her, so even though I wouldn't get your hopes up, I would say check it out.

I do hope you manage to find your loved one xxx

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
Having kittens after being neutered?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 09:50:03 AM »
Hi,

I was wondering if it was at all possible for a 4 year old girl cat to have kittens after being neutered?

My cat went missing 3 months ago now and today we had a call about a cat that looks like Giz but she has 2 kittens with her. My wife immeadiately ruled it out because Gizmo was neutered at 7 months old, but I was wondering if it were even remotley possible. :innocent:

thanks & regards
Andy

Link to CatChat