Author Topic: Warty Scab  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Warty Scab
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 19:38:05 PM »
oh dear, nawty muvver  ;)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 19:27:15 PM »
Not such a grand old age as Byron, but she's nearly 15 - her's bled when I yanked the comb through it  :sick: - well she's a Persian and with all that long fur I forgot it was there!  :innocent:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 12:57:38 PM »
Well Byron had a few smaller ones previously and vet said jthe same not to worry just clean them and put germoline on but this time it was bigger and a bit like a small black speckled cauliflower so I showed her it and she just pulled it off (like velcro it was  :sick:)  she said it just goes like that because of the goo, it looked pinky yellowy then and a bit sore but she hasn't been bothered at all by it so I don't think it hurt her.  yes you could say they look a bit like a tick, I think that's what I thought initially, is your Zeta old too Gillian?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 12:59:45 PM by janeyk »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 11:56:57 AM »
Byron gets quite a few and the vet pulled one off last night when I took her and told me to bathe her in salt water and use a dab of germoline or savlon.  They are horrid black things I thought it was possibly an old age wart (as she's 24) and vet confirmed this.  Just wondered whether anyone elses cat gets these?  She also has tiny white ones on her tummy.

Not sure if its the same thing - Zeta has one on her neck, it looks a bit like a tick. Vet says its nothing to worry about but never said anything about pulling it off - although having said that, I've accidentally tried to 'groom' it off thinking it was a little knot - oops!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Warty Scab
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 10:54:13 AM »
Byron gets quite a few and the vet pulled one off last night when I took her and told me to bathe her in salt water and use a dab of germoline or savlon.  They are horrid black things I thought it was possibly an old age wart (as she's 24) and vet confirmed this.  Just wondered whether anyone elses cat gets these?  She also has tiny white ones on her tummy.

Link to CatChat