Author Topic: Xanthe shivering  (Read 1302 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: Xanthe shivering
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 15:55:24 PM »
To me it sounds like the upheavel if she is clingier more than normal, usually if cats are poorly they want to be alone rather than be with you all the time.

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 15:47:29 PM »
Dinah does this sometimes - like a quivering. It really worried me the first couple of times, but she wasn't in any pain and I can't figure any reason...
Probably as you say Xanthe is a bit anxious with all the upheaval.  :hug:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 09:02:29 AM »
 :thanks: Helen - I think I'm worrying over nothing as she is fine most of the time but I have never seen her do that before.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 00:23:18 AM »
Have no idea I'm afraid, give her a  :hug: from me and the boys though  :)

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
Xanthe shivering
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 16:01:36 PM »
I have noticed the last couple of days she starts shivering occasionally, she is awake at the time but seems relaxed. She is eating and drinking normally, no problems with litter tray and an indoor cat so no trauma or eating anything I don't know about. I am at home packing at the moment most of the day so I would know if she had a bad fall indoors. Her temperature seems normal (have felt her ears) and she is alert and clear eyed.

The house is a sea of boxes ready to move, with lots of empty shelves etc. - I think she may be stressed due to change in her environment.  She has also become clingier during the same time, actually trying to sit on me whereas she normally just likes to hang out in the room keeping us company.

However  is there another possible cause I need to consider?

Thanks!

Link to CatChat