Author Topic: UK Microchipping  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: UK Microchipping
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 14:41:18 PM »
Chips can migrate, Tazs is off course down his shoulder but thats where i found it from day one  >:(

Get it scanned each time you go so you can keep an eye on where its going.

Offline kris

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 11:55:12 AM »
I know when I took 'jimi-the not so stray anymore' in to the vet to look for a chip she went all over him looking for one just to be sure, she virtually went down his tail  :rofl: so clearly they do move about quite a bit...

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 09:30:39 AM »
He goes back for his boosters on the 16th so I'll get the vet to scan where I think it is.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 09:14:54 AM »
shadow's was inserted between his shoulder blades and is now several inches down his arm ... They are not supposed to migrate, but they do.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
UK Microchipping
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 09:12:22 AM »
I was petting Gizmo this morning and I swear I felt the microchip on his right side about two inches from where the vet put it.

Now I wasn't there when Lirael & Smoke were chipped but I was for Giz, is it normal for them to do about an inch below the shoulder blades?

I always thought it was between the shoulders, but that is from watching the vets in the US.

They also did all the injections in the same area which caused 2 of my cats to scream/hiss. I know things are done differently between countries but I wasn't sure about placements of the microchips.

I know my one vet in the US used an ear thermometer instead of the old in the bum one which shocked me in the UK... the poor kitties.

Anyway, should I worry about the chip moving or is this a normal thing?

Link to CatChat