Author Topic: 7 month old peeing on couch!  (Read 1674 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Re: 7 month old peeing on couch!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 20:19:53 PM »
If he is picking up on changes and it is stressing him a bit you could also try rescue remedy behind the ears, (his not yours) :rofl:.  I would also have more than one tray if you haven't already.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 17:00:20 PM »
How many trays have you got? Recommended is one per cat + one extra, maybe try more trays, specially if he likes to have a clean tray, at least there will always be one that hasnt been used (in theory LOL!) I wonder also, if he is picking up on subtle changes -  with you being pregnant? if so Feliway might help as Lynn suggested.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 16:06:37 PM »
try worlds best cat litter, you must ban him from where he is peeing (or removed the couch from that room for a while)  wash throughly & leave to dry & then give a spray of feliway, get some feliway plug ins ,  if you see him doing it spray him with a water mister.

my cat always pee'd on duvets so we had to ban him from bed rooms & use feliway (really helps) i still dont trust him 100% however at the age of nearly 2 he has been good for quite a few months now (touch wood)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 16:03:58 PM »
I know vicky halls always recommends using the finest grain litter you can find - I know waitrose does a good one

Offline JoAnn

• Adult Cat
  • oscar and tobey's mummy.
7 month old peeing on couch!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 16:01:47 PM »
My 7 month old kitty has been peeing on the leather couch a lot recently.  We've had him since he was 7 weeks old and he was neutered at 5 months old as he was attempting to hump our other cat Oscar every second of the day!  The vet hasn't been much help, just reccommending we lock him in the kitchen with his box but that is out of the question as our kitchen is very small and he gets distressed if he is locked away from Oscar.  Things we have tried so far are::

-moving litter tray into living room but we had to move it back into kitchen after he started jumping in it and sending the litter (as well as any poos) flying everywhere while having his hyper moments!
-changing the brand of litter.
-trying different styles of box (hooded, non-hooded)
-nearly ALL the sprays that stop cats from peeing on things.

The situation has gotten worse now as I am 4 months pregnant.  We need to nip this problem in the bud before it persists.  I have considered that maybe he just really likes his box to be clean all the time as whenever the box is cleaned out or poo has been scooped he is right in there.  Right now we have changed the litter to the wood pellets as we thought maybe he doesn't like the feeling of the litter on his paws!  It is certainly became a problem now as we can't sit on the couch without having to check for pee.  We don't have any problems with Oscars toileting habits.  He uses his box all the time.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Link to CatChat