« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »
 :hug: :welcome:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: hello
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 06:56:32 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 16:26:10 PM »
thanks trigger. done as you suggested.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 16:01:04 PM »
Hi midgecat and welcome to Purrs

I think you are more likely to get an answer if you ask in General Cat Chat and I would suggest you use a thread title with Cat Care Course in there somewhere

I hope someone will have a suggestion or two for you - of the nice kind, of course ;)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 14:55:44 PM »
ooops .... i just realised that i deleted what the real question was!  i wasn't asking all those individual questions on here - what i wanted to know was whether anyone had done or could recommend a cat care course.  i've seen one or two distance learning courses advertised on line.  what i meant to say was that i was looking for a course that would help me to answer those questions.  sorry.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 14:37:40 PM »
Health and behaviour is the place and would suggest that you make each subject a different post................good luck  ;D

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
hello
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 13:57:32 PM »
hi - thought i should introduce myself - i've already had quite a bit of help from people here with various foster cats for which i'm really grateful.  maybe should say a bit more about me.

i've had cats almost all my life, but only ever one at a time.  when midgecat my precious tabby cat died in september this year i stumbled into fostering.  didn't want to just "get another" cat .... hard to imagine anyone replacing her.  so i was in touch with my local rescue (sheffield) and started fostering Mog. i fell in love with her and adopted her very quickly in spite of the plans not to have another permanent cat.  in the last 3 months i've had 8 other cats for foster. not all at once i hasten to add.  just got 2 lovely ginger boys arrived yesterday. absolutely loving it. 

i don't know if this is the best place to ask this question but not sure which other section it would fit best in (mods feel welcome to move or tell me to repost).   :shy:?  the more i do the more i realise i don't know.  things like - how worried should i be about that cough?  what to do when we have tummy upsets.  how do i know if she's pregnant / he's been neutered?  are they playing or starting a serious fight? should i intervene or leave them to settle? how should i best try to calm an angry / scared cat.  loads of stuff that just doesn't come up in the same way if you have just one long term family pet.

Link to CatChat