Author Topic: Shortest neutering visit?  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Shortest neutering visit?
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 23:43:02 PM »
It does make me smile when I go to pick them up. I see doting meowmies and daddies sitting looking so worried waiting for their babies to be brought through. Lots of questions are asked about stitches. Soft blankets, toys, fresh little delicacies for dinner and warm cars are waiting to take them home. My ferals are bunged in the back of the car with a bowl of biscuits if they are lucky.  :evillaugh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 22:51:20 PM »
...and as for you DD, the vets are trying to see if there is an even faster way!  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 22:17:58 PM »
When I caught Boris, I took him straight in and he was done while I waited.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 19:42:03 PM »
George was my fastest.  Due to his tetralogy of fallot (heart problems), I stayed with him throughout (I did use to work at the Vets).  We gave him very heavy pre-med for anaesthetic, and the actual op took approxomately 90 seconds.  Straight into oxygen cage afterwards and out of hospital half an hour later.  Actually did op in prep room, we didn't even make to theatre.

I don't know who was shaking most, me the Nurse or the Vet. ;D
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 18:29:52 PM »
See for all you guys considering......you'd be in and out in no time...... :evillaugh:

PB...he know's the amount you bring in so the poor man cant even have his break lol!  ;)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 18:29:20 PM »
Yes, I dropped Smidgen off for his op and was still on the bus halfway down the hill when they called saying he was ready to be collected  :Crazy: Unfortunately for Smidgen I was going down the hill to a meeting so he was not collected for several hours. I am glad though because when I collected him he was well past the effects of the anaesthetic...

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Shortest neutering visit?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 18:24:35 PM »
Can anyone beat this record?  :shify:

We've been beaving away over the previous six months to neuter a colony of around 30-40 cats living in and around a small hamlet near Canterbury. Helping us have been 2 residents from the area. Yesterday, the final puss from one half of the hamlet - a boy -  was caught and taken to the vets.  :)

The vet, who knows us all pretty well by now, was having a very quiet couple of hours and offered to do puss while the volunteer waited. They made the lady a cuppa and 30 mins later, puss was ready to go!  :wow:

We've got around 6-8 cats to go on the other side of the hamlet and the race is on to do them all before they all get 'romantic' again.  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat