Author Topic: I'm worried about him ...  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: I'm worried about him ...
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 14:30:33 PM »
Another thing I do to help with the sun is that I only open one curtain out of 2 in every room, so not all of the room is in the sun (I actually do this all year round now, just in case we get an unexpected sunny day!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 14:23:05 PM »
So pleased the little tinker is home safe and sound  :Luv:  I would also keep them in whilst you're at work.......I would worry as Ela has pointed out about anything happening whilst you're not there and god forbid, lying for hours injured somewhere.  Do they have a cat flap to go in and out of during the day whilst you are at work?

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 11:28:18 AM »
 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy so pleased for u he is home
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 11:20:10 AM »
Scatty so pleased he is back home.

My house is also South facing and gets really warm in the summer but as long as you leave out water your babies will be OK.  My lot always manage to find somewhere cool to crash out when they are fed up of lying in the window baking! LOL.

I would strongly suggest letting your boys out early (before their breakfast) for ½ an hour of so then get them back in before you go to work .... they will be fine in the house and I guarantee they will sleep just as well on your bed as they do under the bush (but they will be alot safer ;) )

All the best

Sam xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 11:07:35 AM »
I'll be picking him up and taking him home and putting him indoors (or just not letting him out when I walk to the bus stop next time!).

A wise decision, I didn't like to say before because you didn't know where the little one was but every week I get calls about the same thing (and they tell me what I posted) but so many  are never seen again or found after being involved in a RTA.

The reason we ask for people to keep cats in when they are out is that if anything did happen to the cat and you did not return for a few hours it could be injured and a vet visit would be delayed until the owner returned home. Although I appreciate everyone does what they feel is in their own cats interest.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 10:38:13 AM »
Am glad he is home, and hope you can find a solution that pleases everyone.
Please spay your cat

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 10:35:30 AM »
He's home!!!  ;D

Husband had a look before he went to work but couldnt find him, however he just called me to say that he had to pop home to get some tools he needed for a job at work, and Jasper appeared from his bush (opposite where we live is a massive bush which he snoozes in virtually all day when out). Me being a sissy burst into tears with joy (sad I know!), thankfully no-one was in the office when I took that call.

I know that you guys keep your cats indoors whilst at work by the sounds of the advice given, and I can see the reason why, but we dont equallly like the thought of them being locked up in a house all day, especially with the warm weather as we obviously have to keep the windows shut as we dont want to be burgled - plus with a south facing living room the house does get v.hot.

This is the first time he's ever followed me, and have to say if he does do it again, I'll be picking him up and taking him home and putting him indoors (or just not letting him out when I walk to the bus stop next time!).

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 10:20:08 AM »
Fingers crossed. Ginger used to like following me (he was the only one allowed out while I Was at work, as he spent the day in my neighbours house), but he was only allowed to follow one way, as he gave up - the other way, was the way we used to go for 'walks' when I was recycling, so I took him home if he followed that way!! I would either keep him in when you go to work, and get hubby to let him out, or take him home if he does it again.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 10:22:32 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 08:37:03 AM »
awwww scattycat i see why ur a bit worried , but im sure he will be fine he is proberly just hiding somewhere ,
and will be at home to greet u when u come bk from work
maybe in future u could make sure they go out for a wee n that and u could get them in b4 u leave for work at least then u would know they were indoors safe till u got bk home .
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 08:36:43 AM »
I do hope he's ok

So do I, hopefully Jasper is making his way home. But you may not always be so lucky.

Could you not keep the cats in while your at work or is there someone in the house to let them in?

Sound advice.

When people have a cat from us we ask that you never let them out while you are at work, although I appreciate your husband may be at home. I also advise that they never let there little one follow them even a couple of paces, I get so many calls from people saying Oh! its Oh! but they always followed me and when I got home they were there. Of course they phone me at the time when the cat does not return home.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 08:22:37 AM »
Could you not keep the cats in while your at work or is there someone in the house to let them in?

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
I'm worried about him ...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 08:17:33 AM »
I let the cats out early this morning as it is a lovely day (the 2 boys), by the time I left for work (the walk to the bus stop) I saw one of them out the front of our house and the other came bounding over to me as I reachedd the top of our road, which I thought 'awww that's sweet'.

But then as I walked down the main road through our estate (modern type housing estate) I heard him following me, I picked him up and took him back to the top of our road, and walked away, but he kept following me, and I didnt look behind me either in the hope he'd go back home.

Anyway, it got to me being at the very edge of our estate near the main road which connects to it, with me on the narrow pavement and Jasper closley behind. A van came roaring by us on the road and this clearly spooked him (as he croached low all of a sudden), and then started to leg it back up the road (good I thought) though he then jumped over a 6ft fence into the house's garden (which is on the main road and the garden runs along the main road of our estate). I tried to get him as I'd decided that I'd miss my first bus at 7.15am (as it was nearly 7.10am at this point) and I'd
get the next one, but get him home and put him indoors.

As I couldnt see or hear him I got my bus and sent my husband a couple of texts - he's been down where we last saw him, but theres no sign of him. We've even got a Locator on him, but it's not picking his locator up (bloomin useless it appears to be!). My husband's said 'I'm sure he'll be alright' but I cant help but feel very worried about him, he's quite a way from home and I worry that he'll end up being lost - he's such a cutie and if he did lose his collar I know someone would take him in (not actually check if he's microchipped - which he is).

I do hope he's ok  :(

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat