Author Topic: Go Cat kitty gym - any good?  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Go Cat kitty gym - any good?
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 09:32:20 AM »
These are a couple of pics of my sisters kitten Tim, with the Go-Cat gym. He seems to like it, though it does fall over in the middle!

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 21:17:18 PM »
The very first Ikea in Ireland opens on the 13th of December I just found out today! I can't wait to get my crew a cat tent!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 20:56:48 PM »
Bertie's Mum - Tomorrow will be seven clear days since you pledged to get Bertie and his gang their very own tent.  I can only presume he doesn't have one yet, the boys are pleading with me to ring the Cats protection saying that no kitty should have to go through life tent-less  :(

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2007, 20:21:10 PM »
I might give them a ring and see, I think my closest store is in essex and i live in norfolk

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 20:20:24 PM »
I think they post out if you call them with a card number ... don't quote me on that though!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 20:17:54 PM »
Pippin and tiggy don't have a tent  :-[ but i live far too many miles away from an ikea store to get them one

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 20:13:34 PM »
Oh Helen, those are HILARIOUS!!!!  :rofl: :rofl:  Okay, okay, I'll go to Ikea - luckily I only live seven miles from the one in Cardiff but suspect I'd be under pressure to travel to Sweden if I had to, so that all you lot don't report me to the RSPCA for cruelty to Bertie  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 00:32:45 AM »
Don't know about the cat gym from Go Cat but I'm actually a bit taken aback that Bertie doesn't have a cat tent  :Crazy:  They are all the rage on here, virtually every single Purrs regular has an Ikea cat tent - just do a search on here and you'll be swamped with pics, even the oldest sleepiest cats love playing in their Ikea tent  :)

Oh the shame Helen, yes I confess, I'm a bad owner  ;D  See, the problem with Bertie is this ... give him a cat pyramid you've paid good money for, and he will ignore it.  Come home with a plastic bag or box and he will empty it and sit in it for hours.  Buy a cat gym intended for a different cat and he will eat it. Therefore I imagine an Ikea cat tent would be ignored unless it came with any interesting packaging  :rofl:

I will offer a personal money back guarantee on the Ikea cat tent, don't think there is one cat on here who doesn't like it.  There's loads of threads doing the rounds but here's one with the boys pics on, I challenge you to look at their pics and not rush out immediately and get Bertie and his gang one  :evillaugh:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=5872.msg90700#msg90700

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 22:58:58 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  Oh, sorry to laugh Chris, but that's cats for you, isn't it ... you save up tokens and pay a fiver to get them a new toy, and then they thank you by weeing on it!

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 20:38:02 PM »
We didn't get on too well with the Go-Cat gym which is currently in the cupboard under the stairs.   The stand up bit kept falling over and then (I think as it had a plastic covering) Gizmo decided to wee on it !  Fortunately it is machine washable.  Of course, as we know, all our cats are very different, so some will love it as Karenjet has proved (lovely pics).
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 20:06:01 PM »
Don't know about the cat gym from Go Cat but I'm actually a bit taken aback that Bertie doesn't have a cat tent  :Crazy:  They are all the rage on here, virtually every single Purrs regular has an Ikea cat tent - just do a search on here and you'll be swamped with pics, even the oldest sleepiest cats love playing in their Ikea tent  :)

Oh the shame Helen, yes I confess, I'm a bad owner  ;D  See, the problem with Bertie is this ... give him a cat pyramid you've paid good money for, and he will ignore it.  Come home with a plastic bag or box and he will empty it and sit in it for hours.  Buy a cat gym intended for a different cat and he will eat it. Therefore I imagine an Ikea cat tent would be ignored unless it came with any interesting packaging  :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 18:08:49 PM »
If you look in our shop you will find da mousie attachement and others for yoyur da bird wand  ;D

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 13:08:26 PM »
Oh yes a tent is the thing alonf with da birdy and the mousie attachment lol. ;D

What mouse attachment?? Mine(da bird) arrived while I was away but I noticed a pink mouse in his bed but thought the mrs must have bought it!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 10:15:29 AM »
An ikea cat tent and da bird are essentials for the Purrs cat!

http://www.seapets.co.uk/product-details/stkcode/131860/category/516.html

This is a great cat gym.  Rather more expensive than the Go cat one though!  I got Mosi one when he was a kitten (it was £19.99 from PAH, although I don't think they sell them any more) and it's still going strong, although it's in a bit of a mess.  Even Jaffa likes it.  Jaffa uses it as a scratching post or sits on top to swipe at Mosi underneath  ;D  It was well worth the money.

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 09:13:01 AM »

They've got some really nice-looking fleecy cat pyramid thingies in Home Bargains at the mo for £3.99. I'm not sure if mine would use it or not though.
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 07:21:01 AM »
Mine have the Go cat gym, Jet and Ralphie are not impressed, Cleo doesn't play with the toys but she will sleep on it.  They prefer Da Bird
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 00:31:00 AM »
My 4 love theirs, they've had it a couple of months now and it's still going strong.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 00:22:50 AM »
I really must get my 2 a da birdie it will have to wait for a few weeks as im now officially skint  :(
Maybe they can have one for xmas  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 23:57:57 PM »
Oh yes a tent is the thing alonf with da birdy and the mousie attachment lol. ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 23:51:59 PM »

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 23:06:52 PM »
Well when it was out my mum had 2 ginger male cats and they had it for over a year played with it for ages and they never destroyed it, I think i might go for it to coz it looks pretty good for £4.99

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 23:03:55 PM »
The one from Pets At Home was awful ... Bertie isn't a very destructive cat usually and has had some of his toys since he was born, but he literally ruined it in two days!  Perhaps I'll just take the risk if the cat tent was ok ... we missed out on that one  :'(

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 23:00:53 PM »
No but i was wondering the same but i think two 14 week old kittens would manage to destroy anything  :rofl:

A few years ago go cat done a play tent if you collected tokens and that was of pretty good quality

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Go Cat kitty gym - any good?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 22:58:34 PM »
Has anyone sent off for the cat gym you can get by saving tokens from packs of Go Cat?  I've got enough tokens to get my gym for the princely sum of £4.99, but I bought something similar from Pets at Home for Bella's birthday earlier in the year and Bertie ripped it to shreds in a few days!  The Go Cat one looks similar, and I don't see the point in sending off for it if the quality is going to be as bad ... I'm not too keen on cleaning up all the stuffing like I had to last time!  Anyone sent off for it and have any views?  ;D

Link to CatChat