Author Topic: WATCH THIS SPACE FOR Update on Kitty  (Read 73011 times)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
Re: WATCH THIS SPACE FOR 2
« Reply #357 on: July 01, 2015, 13:49:38 PM »
 :hug: so sorry Mary, thats awful  :hug:

I am sure its no consolation, but at least you picked up on it and stopped her from suffering any longer

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2015, 13:30:56 PM »
Mary I agree with Bronagh, there is nothing, or little that can console you at the moment. The tears and anger, and frustration must be taking a big toll on you. All that big build up of excitement, and now today. Life sucks.
Julie.

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2015, 12:58:58 PM »
 :censored: :censored: Mary, that's beyond rough honey. There's little or nothing that will console you right now, I can imagine. Just know that we're all here for you.

Bronagh
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2015, 12:52:50 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss.  Big hugs for Kitty and You. I know Tisha will be back to kitten health and racing around the Rainbow Fields very soon.   :(

Offline Reets

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Bruno
« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2015, 12:41:02 PM »
Oh Mary, I am so very sorry, your lovely girl - so very very sad.

Thank you so very much for giving her your love and for the happiness she has known with you, I am so very sorry she could not have stayed with you longer. :(

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #352 on: July 01, 2015, 12:19:45 PM »
I'm so sorry Mary  :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #351 on: July 01, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »
Mary  :hug: I am sorry beyond words. I am also very thankful that Tisha knew a loving home in her last days. How typical of fate (or whatever) that it should be the most affectionate of your 2 old ladies that had to leave you so soon  >:(

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »
Mary, I'm so sorry Tisha has gone. 

:hug: :hug: to you and Kitty.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #349 on: July 01, 2015, 11:35:41 AM »
Oh Mary that is such terrible news  :hug:  I'm devastated for you and Kitty.

I know it's hard (well nigh impossible I'd imagine right now) but try to think about what a lovely home you've given her these past few weeks.  so much better for her than being in a rescue.  she ended her days feeling loved and secure and with a comfy bed to sleep on.  That's something special that you gave her  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2015, 10:57:29 AM »
Mary that is such terrible news  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #347 on: July 01, 2015, 10:56:22 AM »

Mary  :hug: :hug: I can't believe it I am so sorry

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2015, 10:21:57 AM »
What the hell have I done to make god hate me so much?

Vet just phoned and he hasn't taken a biopsy cos he can see it's grown so much since he last saw her and it's eaten away at half of her tongue.  So he is letting her go. :( :-[

I can't believe how upset I ma after only having her for 3 weeks. she was a gorgeous girl and so loving.

They are bringing her home to me tomorrow so I can bury her in my garden.

Mary and Kitty xx
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #345 on: June 30, 2015, 14:39:41 PM »

Hope everything will be ok  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #344 on: June 29, 2015, 23:45:30 PM »
I love nortie Torties and hope she will be OK  :hug: :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #343 on: June 29, 2015, 21:17:12 PM »
I trust Eddie 100% and think the lump came whenshe was being fostered.  I guess if she was working full time and not letting Tisha go to bed with her she will not have noticed anything wrong.  It took me a few days to put 2 and 2 together.

I slept in this morning, phoned the vet and was told it would be ok for me to be a bit late.  However, Tisha was being a naughtie Tortie and kept running away from me.I had to phone them back and re-arrange for Wednesday morning.  Will make sure I get up early and be sneakie with Tisha ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
« Reply #342 on: June 29, 2015, 11:39:57 AM »
I'm rather shocked that Tisha's lump was missed as the rescue had seemed so good at getting the medical problems sorted out before the cats went to their new home  :(

You would have thought the fosterer would have noticed the drooling, unless it has only just started. Westgate Ark took in a cat not so long ago from a national rescue. He had been in an RTA and the vet had missed that he had a broken jaw  >:( >:( >:( Said charity then would do nothing to help out a very small local charity with vet treatment to have it fixed  >:( >:( >:(

I really hope everything turns out to be ok for Tisha, I know its more easily said than done, but try not to worry - I am sure theres numerous things it could be :hug:  :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #341 on: June 28, 2015, 17:42:40 PM »
That's terrible Julie!

I'm rather shocked that Tisha's lump was missed as the rescue had seemed so good at getting the medical problems sorted out before the cats went to their new home  :(

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #340 on: June 28, 2015, 11:24:06 AM »
Mary I am so sorry to read of Tisha's lump. Such a worry for you. I have found vets are not very thorough. And useless at diagnosis. I am sure there are some wonderful vets out there dedicated to their job. I just haven't had the luck to ever come across one. My last dog came to me from Dogs Trust. Along with stitches from being spayed that were four months old. The skin had grown completely over them. It was just lucky that I found a sharp end scratching my hand when I ran my hand over her tummy. When I phoned them and told the Dogs Trust, I was told they are very busy and things sometimes get missed. To be fair, not the vets fault that time for a change. It was the people working at the dogs Trust.
Julie.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #339 on: June 28, 2015, 10:48:30 AM »
Oh poor Tisha, I hope it all goes well tomorrow. Will be thinking of you.  :hug:
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #338 on: June 27, 2015, 23:25:57 PM »
How did RSPCA miss that.............do hope she is alright and she is just so gorgeous  :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #337 on: June 27, 2015, 21:25:27 PM »
Oh no, poor Tisha!  :hug: for you both.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #336 on: June 27, 2015, 18:00:14 PM »
Adding my thoughts and good wishes for Tisha.  You really have had enough to cope with this year.   :hug:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #335 on: June 27, 2015, 13:08:03 PM »

Great pics Mary.  ;D ;D

:hug: :hug: :hug: for you and Tish

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #334 on: June 27, 2015, 07:48:52 AM »
Oh Mary  :(  I'm so sorry to hear that all is not well with Tisha  :hug: :hug:  I hope with all my heart that the biopsy goes OK, that the results come through quickly and it's benign.

Oh dear  :( :(  Come here Mrs  :cuddle:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #333 on: June 27, 2015, 07:14:25 AM »
It's Tisha in the pyramid bed  ;) :hug:

More pics of the ladies - one of Kitty NEXT TO the bed and one of Tisha on my shoulder, she jumps up all the time and would stay there for hours if I let her.

The vet saw Tisha on Thursday and she has a big growth under her tongue.  I've booked her in for a biopsy on Monday so they know what they are dealing with.

I pray to God it will be ok, I've had enough this year.

Mary

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #332 on: June 26, 2015, 06:50:34 AM »
How did you get on yesterday Mary?

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #331 on: June 25, 2015, 20:22:16 PM »
More pictures please!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #330 on: June 24, 2015, 21:33:05 PM »
You have got a lovely pair of cats now, Mary .  Years of pleasure looking after them to come.  :hug:   

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #329 on: June 24, 2015, 13:22:57 PM »
I'm glad you've got two beautiful ladies in your life.
The picture of kitty in the pyramid bed is just like amber

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #328 on: June 23, 2015, 12:24:05 PM »
OMG Gill,I hope she is quicker than Sasa, it would drive me mad if I had to go through everything you did  :hug:

I've a feeling Tisha might be ok letting me do her claws but don't want to risk her hating me after getting her to love me so much :rofl:

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #327 on: June 22, 2015, 20:23:32 PM »
The vet will sort the claws out hmmmmmmmmmm unless she is a rotweiler like Lupin!!

Kitty sounds like Sasa and she will meep/miaow at the backdorr then wont come in till Lupin rushes the foor and she is gone again.

I am sure Kitty will come round sooner than Sasa  :innocent:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #326 on: June 22, 2015, 16:41:26 PM »
Yer I did Bonnie's with great difficulty but don't want to try Tisha has I don't want her to hate me now that I have her confidence  :evillaugh:

yes, it was Kitty who had the teeth out.

Hopefully get her sorted on Thursday :hug:

Mary

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
« Reply #325 on: June 22, 2015, 15:38:30 PM »
How strange that you havent seen her washing  :shocked:

It was Kitty that had the dental before she arrived tho wasnt it???

Didn't you used to clip Bonnies claws?

Sweet Tisha is using you as a giant hot water bottle!  :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #324 on: June 22, 2015, 13:47:13 PM »

She's taking your measure Mary.  How lovely.   :shy: :Luv:

Mary, with regard to her claws,  as cats get older, they can't always retract their claws any more so they do have the appearance of being longer.  Could be that, but no doubt the vet will be ale to give her the once over.   :hug: :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #323 on: June 21, 2015, 23:46:06 PM »
Kitty makes me laugh cos she sits at my feet meowing and then goes away.  BUT tonight she jumped up on the sofa arm to my surprise BUT then jumped down when I went to stroke her :rofl:

Mary

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #322 on: June 21, 2015, 17:56:13 PM »
Lovely that Tisha is sleeping on the bed (or rather on you).  You'll get no sympathy from me because Kito likes to lie on me rather than beside me!  Kitty may always be more reserved or she may just need a bit more time to come out of her shell.  It sounds like she's gradually getting used to you and a new place.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #321 on: June 21, 2015, 16:47:18 PM »
I'm back and guess who's been sleeping in my bed?

Tisha has done 3 nights in a row BUT she doesn't take the bed over, she takes ME over :evillaugh:

She loves laying on me and I know I'm not gonna get any sympathy cos I've been praying for them to come to bed with me :rofl:

She's going to see the vet on Thursday cos she's always slavering from the right side of her mouth and won't let me look.  Don't know if it's connected but I've never seen her have a wash :Crazy: Also her claws are very long and some are turned under and she keep catching them on me, bedding and carpet and don't want her to hurt herself.  I'm not sure she's having a poo either.  She's eating and drinking ok and having a wee.

Kitty still spends most of her time behind the sofa bed but last night she stayed pout for about a hour.

Mary

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #320 on: June 20, 2015, 21:39:28 PM »
Hope Salmissra doesn't take a sudden interest in you whilst you are asleep.
Julie.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #319 on: June 20, 2015, 19:09:52 PM »
Cats have been banned from my bedroom since Salmissra (my Burmese python) got big enough to punch her way through the vivarium to get to them, she got very interested. ;).

BF can't cope with the fur so my kids are confined to downstairs. They have the run of the living room, dining room and kitchen at night, and obviously, the whole house during the day. I do miss kitty cuddles at night though. Trouble always used to sleep under the duvet with me, with his head using my arm as a pillow :Luv2:

They will come  round Mary, baby steps and all that :hug:

Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #318 on: June 20, 2015, 08:02:50 AM »
First time for days that have been able to access this site. It's not been letting you post anything. Hope you and new cats are alright, Mary .   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Link to CatChat