Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

the great outdoors!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Millys Mum:

--- Quote from: littlcm1 on December 02, 2006, 14:17:35 PM ---I did ask the vet and they said she can go out whenever as she has been fully vacinated now.
--- End quote ---

It makes you wonder that if vets cant be educated about neutering what chance do we have to teach the general public!   :doh:

If i saw a 12 week old out, i would remove it and then make enquiries, although others would just take it so waiting until she is alot bigger is safest.

Ela:

--- Quote ---I did ask the vet and they said she can go out whenever as she has been fully vacinated now.
--- End quote ---

I know many vets say that but they don't have all the phone calls rescues so about the implications of letting the cats out, please also remember in the UK there is no injection against FIV

Christina:
Ok, thanks guys. I know that some people have 'indoor' cats that never go out. I guess i was just going by my older boy, who would go insane if we never let him out. He is a real outdoorsy cat, but i guess all cats are different. She might not really want to go out, though she does try and dash for the front doof when it opens.
I do want her to go out eventually, as her and my boy do not get on, so are separate most of the time, so she doesnt have any other furry friends to interact with.
I did ask the vet and they said she can go out whenever as she has been fully vacinated now.
I think i will carry on keeping her in for the while then, at least intill she gets done in three months time. Ill keep letting her have an explore on her lead every now and then though.
Thanks for the advice!

Sam (Fussy_Furball):
Hi and Welcome.

To be honest I would keep your little one in at least until she has been spayed (6 mkonths).  Even then I wouldn't be in a hurry to let her out.  My little one is now 6 month old and is showing no interest in going outside and I am definately not forcing the issue. 

Ela:
Personally I would not dream of letting her our until she has been spayed. Then again I would not dream of letting my cats out ever but that is a different story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version