Author Topic: I know its not much, but an offer of help  (Read 7773 times)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
Re: I know its not much, but an offer of help
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 16:03:14 PM »
What have I done to make bells ringing your ears, hope they are not too painful?  ;D

You said to me something along the lines of "I hope you will make the little one your next project"  I can't find my old thread with it on there.
He ran away from me when I went up to look at him on the rockery in work yday and hid behind a 4x4 looking all "did she see me?" and I thought... i'll get you  :evillaugh:

PB - my three hoovered up the roasted! and Cheese is normally a picky little un. I was thinking it was a re-launch but I was getting Roasted mixed up with As Good As It Looks (which to me doesn't look very appealing..  :rofl: )
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 15:51:27 PM »
Ela (or I may be confused and it was Desley?
Guilty.
just how much of it is being passed around, and around...
 We give it to some farm cats who are thankful for what they receive.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 15:53:35 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 15:46:38 PM »
Oh, Dawn...  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I just find it really funny. Felix are spending so much promoting this Roasted stuff, but the cats don't like it. Ela (or I may be confused and it was Desley?)says she keeps getting calls from people offering her unwanted Roasted packets, but her foster cats won't touch it either. And if Ela is getting offered all that food, just how much of it is being passed around, and around... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Talk about own goal! Felix didn't research that one too well...  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 15:47:45 PM by Pinkbear »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 15:42:48 PM »
I know it isnt much,

If everyone did a little bit, all those little bits would ensure the lives of many more cats could be helped. All credit to you. If you can just make a difference to one cat occasionally  it is a bonus.

I have also had Ela's words ringing in my ears as

What have I done to make bells ringing your ears, hope they are not too painful?  ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 15:43:56 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 15:39:44 PM »
Oh god what happened?  :rofl:

I still have a tin of stinky old sardines in tomato - and just when my car had stopped smelling like them  :sick:  :rofl:
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 15:34:24 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: Oh, dear!  :shy: Ask Ela about Felix Roasted.  :evillaugh:

You can't go wrong with some stinky old sardines in tomato...  ;)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 14:07:12 PM »
Well done, Dawn!  :wow:

A rescue could put a kitten pen in your spare room. Offer a puddy B&B.  :evillaugh:

DiddyDawn says not to worry about cats becoming trap shy. She's caught the same ginger tom 3 times now.  :tired:

:shy:

I'm sure Mark would have something to say about that, but then again I think a cat B&B is probably alot less hassle than a people one  :rofl:

I will set the trap again on Monday, with some Felix Roasted - The felix roasted roadshow is in my local morrisons on Sunday  :evillaugh: He looks a bit like a Felix cat actually  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 11:27:42 AM »
trouble is my local rescue want you to have a pen in the garden which I don't think is fair on my lot and my local one man band said I had an undesirable address for rehoming when I went to her for a cat!! cheek

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 11:20:54 AM »
Well done, Dawn!  :wow:

A rescue could put a kitten pen in your spare room. Offer a puddy B&B.  :evillaugh:

DiddyDawn says not to worry about cats becoming trap shy. She's caught the same ginger tom 3 times now.  :tired:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »
There seem to be quite a few problems in the Manchester area (not picking on Manchester, just my impression from reading various posts) so I think your offer of help will be very welcome sooner or later, Dawn.  I will keep a look out too and let you know if anything comes up.

:thanks:  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 09:53:02 AM »
I'm in the same boat Dawn, I could do a few weeks at a time but not longer term and driving,  but as my Star is mad as a hatter I don't think any more cats of our own is an issue, unfortunately I'm in Buckinghamshire and most of our people on Purrs seem to be in North but I am definately willing to help if I can

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 09:46:10 AM »
Thats brilliant Dawn - I wish that move had taken you closer to your parents!

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
I know its not much, but an offer of help
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 08:57:04 AM »
Me and OH had a talk last night - I didnt really know whether to post it or not, but if not I suppose how would anyone know we want to help  :rofl:

I was feeling rather upset about the lack of sightings of Car Park Charlie (for those reading the thread in general cat you know who he is) it will be six weeks today. I felt really annoyed with myself last night, wished i'd helped sooner etc etc. I have also had Ela's words ringing in my ears as I have seen the younger version of Charlie a few times, and I want to help him before he disappears too. OH was saying that last year when I worked here I didnt know that much about feral cats at the time (had only just got on Cat Chat) and at the time I genuinely thought he belonged to someone but just strolled around out work grounds - it was only when I came back to work here that I realised how ill he looked  :(

Anyway - I  have decided that I will try to catch mini-charlie (unfortunately already had him in the trap so it might be harder 2nd time round) so he doesnt have the same fate.

OH said to me last night that we havent got room for another permanent cat, and as we are renting we cant really foster long-term either - but we do have a good sized spare room and he said that we could put ourselves out there as emergency fosters (ie: for cats who need somewhere to go until a permanent foster or home is found for a few weeks - to help when people say things like "I will PTS unless you come take the cat today" and rescues have nowhere for them to go etc) We also are offering to drive cats to new homes etc if needed - either short/long distance.

I know it isnt much, but I thought if I dont post it up then nobody will know! I dont always have time to read all threads etc, so if anything like this comes up (especially around Manchester) you know that we are here to try and help  ;D

Link to CatChat