Author Topic: MOVED AND LEFT CATS  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: MOVED AND LEFT CATS
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 20:36:12 PM »
Sad thing is, they probably can...[/quote

I am sure you are right. After all it is a throw-away society we live in now, isn't it? They are not now coming in until  Friday, however, we have taken food to a neighbour and she is feeding twice a day until then. Sue our Foster has also been 3 times to check on them.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 20:27:17 PM »
at the risk of sounding bitter and cynical (who me??) they probably thought they could just pick up another couple of cats once they get to their destination. Sad thing is, they probably can...

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 15:37:58 PM »
It is unbelievable. I just echo what others have said. How can people not get attached to their cats. They have personalities and in most ways much nicer than humans  >:( - Heartless  :censored:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 15:21:08 PM »
 :'(

This sort of things makes me furious, as it is what happened to Doc and Gerti with their previous "owner"  >:( >:( >:(

I look at them and wonder how on earth anyone could be so incredibly heartless that they could look at those little faces and not care if they ever see them again whilst closing the door for the last time.  :censored: :censored:

Hope these poor bubses get the home they deserve  :luck:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 15:05:28 PM »
 :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: Things like this make me fizz, 

when we were moving we put Bob in cattery so he would not get hurt or run away and hide due to people coming and going, the man from the cattery told us about people who do this but they dont collect the cats again and he has to deal with them and contact rescue centres etc, or they get him to deliver cat home and when he gets there its a false address

He knew us so he wasnt bothered about us doing a bunk  :rofl: we go on holiday to much, he says we help pay for his holiday at the end of the season cheeky monkey  :rofl:

Anyway hope the babies get sorted out and your friend can find the missing one, poor thing must be terrified
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 14:54:11 PM »
this tale is so awful - how could you just get up and move and leave any pet behind. I agree that they are probably better off without owners who would do this to them. Did you manage to rescue them both?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 08:13:38 AM »
Bless you, it is certainly worth bearing in mind, will have a look at some point. VetUK have offers on arthritis treatments at the moment.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 08:11:55 AM »
I know.  I think it just reminded me of Pebbles, bless her and I thought it was worth bearing in mind.

I've noticed our Tess seems to have a bit of bother in the evenings jumping on the bed, which is not like her, and yet in the mornings when OH takes her for her walk, she jumps about like a puppy and runs after the ball and plays like there's nothing wrong.  Will have to think about starting to give her supplements for her joints I think.  I forget she's getting on a bit, 'cos she carries her age very well.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 08:08:35 AM »
Thanks for letting me know Sue, not something I need at the moment though, but worth bearing in mind with 2 14 year olds!!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 08:02:37 AM »
Desley - glad you posted - has just reminded me that I saw something yesterday and thought of you.  Can you remember when Pebbles had just had her op and was having trouble climbing up on to the bed?  You were after some kind of steps or platform system to help?  Well, I was looking at a catalogue yesterday called "House of Bath" - they're online too - and they have some specially made "pet steps" in two different sizes for helping pets with mobility problems.  And they come with removable washable covers.

They could be quite useful for others with cats who still like their favourite snoozing spots, even if they're a bit inaccessible due to age or infirmity.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 07:55:41 AM »
Aww, the poor babies, I hate that people can do this to their pet. Fingers crossed for them both.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 07:51:07 AM »
It's unbelievable, isn't it, but that's how my sister came by her youngest cat.   A family near them moved out, and left their three young cats behind.  It was about a week before anyone cottoned on to what had happened, and a notice was left at the property, but no-one responded.  The someone said they'd overheard they'd "done a moonlight flit" because they were in debt.  So my sister took one cat, a friend of mine took the other, and the third went to a couple further up the street.

Hope these two babies get sorted out with homes, and more to the point that you can locate the second cat safely.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 05:59:06 AM »
I think that its been a god send they have been left.....think of their poor lives with these people  :scared:

Glad these babes will be sorted soon.....defo agree you should of been informed earlier tho  :-:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 19:56:51 PM »
Poor Poor babies .... It always amazes me how anyone could EVER leave their pets behind when they move.  Would they leave a child (one would hope not) so why leave a pet.  I would rather lose a limb than leave any of my babies behind ... and that even includes Grinch the hamster and I don't even like him very much!  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 18:04:34 PM »
Aww poor babies what mean owners.

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 17:38:10 PM »
I do not understand why people do that, if they want to leave their cats behind why not take them to a shelter or try to get a friend or relative to have them.

It makes me so mad!!
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
MOVED AND LEFT CATS
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 17:25:33 PM »
I  received a phone call this morning about 2 cats who have been left in a garden of someone who moved to Inverness 3 weeks ago. I asked if they were being fed and advised Oh! no. Why wait 3 weeks to tell me?  Sue one of the Fosterers who lives nearby went to see  and found one very old then cat, she could not find the other. She is taking food and water and hopefully tomorrow after we have homed 2 cats they can come into care. I hope the owners are proud of themselves.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Link to CatChat