Author Topic: So Angry!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3102 times)

Offline Lizzie

• Adult Cat
Re: So Angry!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 22:47:19 PM »
Sorry to say that none of us have seen the kitten now for about a week - it used to go everywhere with the older cat but we can only presume someone else has taken it in or that the original owners have came back for it and left the older one behind but I just couldn't see them doing that after having abandoned them 2 months ago as they are heartless b's.   It's a nice area here with loads of animal lovers so I just hope it's ok somewhere and no harm has come to it.

The older cat is getting a bit braver and is taking food - I think he'll be fine but he is the bully of the neighbourhood and is making sure all the other cats know him - he's a really bad fighter and there are now 3 neighbouring cats (including ours) who have had to go to vets cos of injuries from this one - I just wonder if that's why he's been abandoned, so good on this new tenant for having a go.  I call him the older cat but he's probably no more than 1 year old.  He's just a young, feisty Tom finding his way, who has had to fight to survive so we kinda put up with his nonsense re his ordeal.  Cos he's not too sure of his new owner, he's probably living outside 95% of the time but think that will change with his confidence and the oncoming cold weather.

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 17:51:34 PM »
Lizzie any news on the cats and their new meomy  ;)

Has kitten made an appearance yet
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 19:47:27 PM »
poor babies  :(

Offline Lizzie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 19:28:38 PM »
Yeah, I don't think I'll contact SSPCA as the cats will have a good home with the new tenant (if they choose to live there)!  Only thing worrying me is that the kitten seems to have disappeared but we will all keep an eye out for it, hopefully it will return in a few days but it's such a bonny wee thing that I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has taken it in.  It's the usual worry that I think the kitten is a female that's not dressed so we need to get that checked out so she doesn't fall pregnant. 

We actually don't want the original owners to return for their cats cos if they think nothing of leaving them without food for 2 months, well that says it all!  They left their puppy in the street for hours one day while they went out for the day and my hubby ended up taking it in until they returned home some 10 hours later.  I'll bet you that they will aquire a few new cats for their new home - that's the sort that they are.  The letting agency have unsuccessfully tried to track them down so I don't think we'll have much chance.

MBll

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 00:41:28 AM »

Is there any crime committed (in Scotland) re abandoment of pets?  I'd like to take this further if I could cos I'm so angry.  If I were to contact the SSPCA, 

Fat chance sspca will do anything re abandoment of pets as they didnt do a dam thing when german shepherd rescue reported an  abandoned dog that was CD posted on here awhile ago also sspca didnt do a dam thing when serveral members of the public reported serveral times  2 horses & a foal that were abandoned & like they did with the dog they refused to do anything & they starved to death.

Even with the new animal welfare bill sspca wont do anything, to much effort for them they much prefer to scream poverty & screw money out the public.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 00:14:53 AM »
Poor little mites.  I would get the new neighbour to start putting food outside near the cat flap, and hopefully they will realise that this new "slave" will mean them no harm.  Lets just hope the damage can be rectified and well done to the neighbour for taking them on board  :)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 23:51:59 PM »
I moved into a house where the previous people had left their cat. We both got the shocks of our lives when I pulled back the curtain and he was standing there expecting his breakfast.  :-: I tried to get him to blend in with mine but he hasn't happy and pounced on my legs whenever I hung the laundry out. The Jumpster took the hump with me as well. It was a case of lose, lose...  :tired:

As Ron was telling me the other day, when you rescue a cat they seem to blame you for everything that's happened to them. But if you keep up the feed standards and offer them a prawn or a sardine once in a while, they usually forgive you for the thing you didn't do to them.  :innocent:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 23:29:12 PM »
i would let sleeping cats lie in this case cos they may take em away cos nobody wants them too.

if the new tenant just leaves the food for rhem in the house they will come in and feed and slowly slowly in their own time check her out and get used to her. It took 9 months with a cat in London but he became a purry furry lovebug.

They will do it all by themselves when the find she is gonna feed em and not hurt them.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 21:56:56 PM »
Yeay. The silver lining is a pretty big one! :)

Umm...not sure about the laws.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Lizzie

• Adult Cat
So Angry!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 21:37:09 PM »
I'm so bloomin' angry that I just have to vent off here (sorry)!!  Neighbours to the back of our house moved out 2 months ago very suddenly and I just discovered tonight (2 months later) that they left their 2 cats behind (1 still a kitten).  All of us neighbours thought that, because they seemed like well loved pets, that someone was popping into the house regularly to feed them, fat chance!  Thank goodness they left the cat flap unlocked so the cats weren't trapped.  The new tenant has just moved into today and we've all just realised that no-one has been looking after these cats for 2 months - I'm so ANGRY, why couldn't they have even put a note through my door 2 months ago to say that they had left the cats and asked for help etc.  The cats are ok but thin, the young one has now run off and disappeared in fear.  I've seen them going in and out of the cat flap so they have probably been hunting food.

But there is a silver lining on this cloud - the new tenant is lovely and has offered to rehome them as her own cat has recently passed away but they are both too terrified to come back to the house now that she has moved in.  I've given her a load of cat food to tempt them back in and I hope the kitten returns.

Is there any crime committed (in Scotland) re abandoment of pets?  I'd like to take this further if I could cos I'm so angry.  If I were to contact the SSPCA, would they not attempt to take the cats away from their new owner?  Am I best to leave things alone?  I'm convinced the new owner will take good care of them but the poor cats are so traumatised.  She's going to take the older one to the vet for a check up, when she's gained it's trust, it's went a bit feral since being abandoned so will take time.  I'm quite anxious to catch the young cat as I wouldn't be convinced that it is neutered.

They had one dog and 3 cats but looks like they have take the dog and one of the cats but left the other 2 behind - I ask you. 

We don't even know the poor cats names as the previous tenants had only been there a short while and acquired the cats shortly before they disappeared.

Link to CatChat