Other Animal welfare issues & petitons > Other Animal Petitions & Welfare & News

Animal Charities

<< < (3/3)

Miroslav:
Thanks Gill and Bungly.

I've donated/sponsored with Ferne already. I'm sceptical about my local Cats Protection etc as they are a prickly bunch.

Internationally i've thought about Spana.

bunglycat:
I tend to see if they have an Amazon wish list and then send them things on there directly to them, then I know it's for the cats .

Gill (sneakiefeline):
As far as I know you donate direct to a rescue or branch of the ..........ie CPL or RSPCA but be sure you know what that rescue does, ie no kill, keep animals in good conditions and look after their health.

Do not assume that all are no kill as not all are.

If you donate to a main organisation like RSPCA or CPL then it doesnt go to the actual rescues looking after the animals.

Many of the Branches are desperate for donations as are local independent rescues.

Do your homework, ask questions and visit if you can

Miroslav:
I'm hoping this is the right place to put it...

I'm looking for peoples experiences really.

I've just started sponsoring animals at a local (ish) animal centre - http://www.ferneanimalsanctuary.org/

I was just wondering if anyone has any good reviews on good animal charities where my money would help more animals than CEO's etc. I've heard lots of bad things on RSPCA etc.

Does/has anybody donate(d) to animal charities here or are aware of good charities which really do benefit the animals or suggest any to avoid?

Many thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version