Author Topic: Matty (Update)  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Matty (Update)
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 23:18:06 PM »
awww bless him!

When we brought him in in the carrier Byron looked at him and spat and hissed but eventually I don't think she bother either way once another cat was here she lived with so many at Wood Green and she isn't bothered with the ferals really.  I do think that for Matty though his home is with the old lady and that's why he only visits about one morning a week but I got the impression that she wouldn't mind me having him - we'll see.  It was her son who rang originally, I didn't get the call and when I rang I spoke to the old lady she was very nice and I know so much about her and her cats now - apparently Matty follows one of her cats called Lucky everywhere but the feeling isn't mutual  :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 21:34:30 PM »
He just look like a sweetie :Luv: Do you think Byron will accept him?
I love it when they choose the place and start visiting, i remember years ago when i had lots of cats i used to leave the front door open in the evenings and there was this tabby cat which used to come in , go straight to then kitchen help himself to food and then sit for a while and chill out and then leave :Luv:  i called him ugly , here is his photo. :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 21:11:59 PM »
I'm working on it Pav  ;)  just been saying to Steve I'll keep in touch with lady she must only live a few hundred yards from me and he will be cared for no worries.  I do love him although it was awful before we trapped him and he was after the ferals  :-: (before I managed to trap them) I bet he's a real sweetie given time :Luv:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 21:05:54 PM »
Aww he i sooo lovely :Luv: I love his little paws and face :Luv2:

Is he moving in with you? ;)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 16:55:52 PM »
Well done Janey, he looks a lovely lad and so much like my Eddie, :Luv: if hes as laid back as he is you will have a wonderful  furbabe :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 16:42:31 PM »
I had to laugh at the old lady though (she's in her 80's I was chatting to her for half an hour), she said that collar you put on him made him poorly he didn't like it and never moved for 2 days, I had to take it off it's here now  :evillaugh: I said you could take it off straight away I only put it on so I could find out who he belonged to  :) bless her!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 10:28:22 AM »
Great stuff, Janey. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 09:37:10 AM »
But he is neutered now!  ;D

Matty is lovely and I think he looks very handsome!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 07:23:07 AM »
Here are some photos of him in the spare bedroom where we left him after neutering  :Luv:
he has some huge chubby chops  :Luv2:  the vet assistant couldn't fit the id collar round his neck  :shocked: and said that is because he had gone so long before behing neutered  :(
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:46:08 AM by Janeyk »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 07:13:02 AM »
Matty came back a week later whiter than white - this made us more sure that he had a home, I fed him and he was a little wary so decided to try the collar again.  Anyhow, he doesn't call too often and always very early about 5ish I presume, he's there when I get up so not really time to spend with him.  Well the few times he's been since he's been a lttle timid so not been able to get the collar on but we managed last week anyhow I got a phonecall  :wow: I was stunned although was sure he was living somewhere and the story is - he has been with an old lady now (and her son) for the past year or more, he sleeps there (mainly in the greenhouse though) and eats morning, lunch and tea, she already has 2 cats but I think the problem is that they aren't keen on him (Byron wasn't too keen either  :sneaky:).  She has tried she says to get various rescues to help sort him out to no avail!  >:( -I told her we had done that.  She lives very close to me only the other side of the allotments so I bet he pops through for breakfast before she gets up.  Anyhow not really sure what to do now, I think she cares about him (she calls him Parcel Cat because she got the rescues nos from the post office she says) He is a lovely boy so I will probably work on him and encourage him here more when I see him and just take it from there.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Ela
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 07:55:34 AM »
It went well, we took him in and he was friendly but very nervous.  The guessed him same age as us about 8/10, he had some scabs on his skin through fighting and a few teeth missing.  We left him and I rang to see how he was at 2.30 and he'd only just been done so we picked him back up at teatime.  I was worrying about him all day! anyway he was fine.  He had been neutered, flead, wormed and ear-tipped, I ran our CP and asked what we should do about him, they are chocca full and tbh we don't know whether he does have a home (although obviously if he has they haven't really bothered about him recenly)  I kept him in the bedroom all night and went to him at 3 am and he hadn't eaten so I took him some more food and he ate that and had a roll on some of Byron's catnip toys.  He was back to normal this morning and howling at the door to go out so I have released him and he went the way he always does towards the allotments.  I will obviously still care for him and encourage him inside if he wants he's welcome he's a scruffy but lovely boy and at least he is sorted now.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 16:28:44 PM »
Hes handsome  :Luv: hope all went well
Have you checked if they blood test toms?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 12:48:23 PM »
Aww he is lovely, good luck Matty. :Luv:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »
Wonderful news.  :)
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 10:30:18 AM »
Good news for Matty  :hug:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 09:18:26 AM »
our vet is packed and car is full going to main vets to do ops today (it is a bit short notice though!) so they have rung the main vet in town and they will do the op if we take him and he is male but too busy to do if female, we think he definitely is male so hopefully will get him sorted.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 07:53:04 AM »
Thanks alot  :) I'm so hoping the vets will squeeze him in today because he's not eaten and he may not come around again for ages
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:57:20 AM by janeyk »

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 07:48:45 AM »
Hope everything goes okay for Matty and that you can sort him out,sounds like his future could be a lot better now,especially if a home could be found for him, good luck :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Ela (I have got Matty in the house)
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 07:19:43 AM »
Matty hasn't been around much since then but he has been coming again for the last few days soooooo this morning we brought him into the bedroom, he is a lovely (although scruffy) friendly boy, I would guess about 8/10ish.  We have put him one of our cat's carriers in the bedroom as he seemed very nervous.  I will ring our CP lady shortly and leave a message and hopefully she can arrange for us to take him in to the vets first thing (steve is off today and we are supposed to be going out) and get him neutered - if he hasn't been done, or at least checked over.   I feel so sorry for him in the bedroom all this time but it has to be done, he was nervous but never scratched at all bless him, he must have had a home at some point.

The second picture is where I'd put the paper collar on before.

I did speak to CP about him the last time he was around and checked there were no cats of his description as lost, we think he is just a stray, he isn't as nervous as the ferals so I wouldn't put him as a feral, they said if we get him sorted they will put him up for homing.  Fingers crossed xx
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:44:32 AM by janeyk »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 07:41:53 AM »
He was here for breakfast at 5.40 so I presume he's either a stray or from the farms nearby.  If I don't hear anything today I'll ring Ann back and sort something out about getting him to the vets.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 21:57:32 PM »
He's just been back for supper - minus collar and no phone call, as yet  :-:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 21:58:40 PM by janeyk »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 09:43:27 AM »
Fingers crossed it gets results, but don't your breath. ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 07:15:11 AM »
We've managed to get the collar on Matty this morning  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 07:26:29 AM »
Well I had collar all ready and he's not been this morning (typical) he doesn't come every morning though he missed all weekend.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 18:11:20 PM »
and see what happens (I'll also enjoy my read later) thank you!

I have a good idea if an owner does not turn up. ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 13:22:54 PM »
...........don't  :-: 3 of us already care for a multitude of ferals (all with names)  :scared: ;)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 13:18:03 PM »
You do kow what it means once a stray gets a name dont you?  :sneaky:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Matty (Update)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 13:15:12 PM »
Collars just arrived in post  :) so hopefully we'll get one on Matty (we now call him) him in the morning and see what happens (I'll also enjoy my read later) thank you!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:59:04 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat